𝟬𝟱. archenemy

CHAPTER FIVE
i ain't letting up until the day i die

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝐀urora woke up a little later after she took a nap and found herself in the hallway, almost bumping into someone with silver hair. The redhead rubbed her eyes in confusion and looked back at the unknown person's back as she merely ran away from her. She cursed under her breath, hesitating for a second, but she ended up following the stranger anyway.

    "Hey!" Aurora called but the person barely glanced at her and continued to walk faster toward somewhere in the penthouse. She looked like she was trying to get out. Aurora sighed defeatedly. "Stop running."

    The girl decided to stop in front of the elevator and Aurora slowed down, knowing she wouldn't be able to get out anyway since the place was pretty guarded up. However, she did feel confused at some point because she had no idea who the hell the girl was and how in the world she got inside the tower.

    "Going somewhere?" Rachel asked as she appeared next to the redhead along with Jason and Gar who all looked at the stranger with different expressions. A few untrustful eyes watched her every movement.

    Finally getting a closer look at her face, Aurora noticed a couple of prominent things. She has curly silver hair that goes past her shoulders and a patch of white bandage over her eye. Aurora furrowed her brows at her team, seeing that they were totally calm about the situation. She figured they already knew her. Besides, she'd been asleep for a couple of minutes, probably an hour, and she barely heard a thing in her sleep.

    Gar snuck a glance her way as he leaned on the table, a couple of feet away from her. From the corner of her eyes, Dick joined their little tag team and cornered the young woman, stern expressions on their faces for some apparent reason. The silver-haired girl slightly tilted her head to the side, staring at the former detective with a look she couldn't recognize.

    Whatever it was, Aurora did not like it.

    "We need to talk," Dick said to her.

    Dick Grayson being Dick Grayson━immediately made them leave so he could talk to the strange girl alone. Begrudgingly, the four youngest of the group left him, ending up around the training room with exasperated expressions on their faces once again. The annoyance was more prominent in Jason Todd. He obviously didn't like being kept in the dark.

    The redhead sat on the flat chair next to Rachel in the training room while they waited for Gar to come back with the food they told him to bring from the kitchen. Jason stood alone, messing around with a few weapons on the rack behind the girls. He was strangely quiet for some reason, and for the first time, the girls didn't mind the silence.

    Her eyes fell on Gar, a small smile appearing on her lips when he trudged inside the room with a box of food in his hands. He handed one to Rachel and then gave Aurora a can of grape soda pop. Then he decided to sit in front of them, discreetly glancing at Jason before lounging on one of the black blocks around them.

    "So what do you think is going on out there?" Gar asked.

    Rachel shrugged. "He's probably just trying to find out who she is."

    "He's giving her a sell job," Jason retorted. "That's what he does, 'cause he can't resist a stray."

    Gar glanced at his best friend to see some reaction but the red-haired girl just sipped her soda, almost like she was avoiding everybody's gaze. He noticed how strangely quiet she was ever since what happened in the bathroom. But he wasn't going to assume anything until she told him something. You don't force something out of someone if you want straight answers.