𝟭𝟮. chain of torture

CHAPTER TWELVE
we are all in the gutter

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐆ar Logan had always been good at hiding his real feelings. At least he thought so. He only remembers this much about his life before. He knew he had good parents, and that they loved him maybe more than he does himself. He knew he liked video games and talking to other people. He could still remember names, and some events, but the longer it goes, he starts to forget what they sound and look like.

    He was happy. With his new friends. Companions. Aurora. He really was. But deep inside, there was a tiny little voice crying out for something familiar, something that strings him from when he was just a normal boy with a normal family. 

     Yet he never showed it once. Truth be told, the voice only resurfaces when he's alone, and he was never really alone. 

     He was brought back to the real world when he felt another wave of electricity rush through his body. The people in lab coats surrounding him were taunting him, wanting him to unleash the beast within him. His supposedly true self or whatever they meant. But the thing was, this was him. He was Garfield Logan. Nothing more than they wanted him to be.

     He was just a normal person. Maybe with a little bit abnormal in him but he was just like any other person in this room. He has friends. Big dreams. He has someone he loves, and their torture wasn't going to change him into what they wanted. Because this was his true self. Not the animal he is when he transforms. Only Gar. Just Gar.

     He gritted his teeth, the scientists not stopping with their wicked deeds. He was in pain himself, more than he expected, and it didn't make it any better when he heard a familiar voice screaming somewhere in the building. His heart twisted. Maybe he shouldn't have influenced them to come here.

     The man noticed the way his eyes searched for the sound of her voice. "Hear that? It's going to get worse."

     Gar clenched his jaw, feeling angrier about someone threatening Aurora. But he kept his mouth shut. Whatever they were doing to his best friend, Gar knew she wouldn't give up so easily. Aurora would put up a fight, and that's what he would do, too. She has to be okay. He thought, but even he didn't believe his own words. 

     It wouldn't hurt to hope. Gar couldn't imagine losing her. She'd become such a big part of his life and he was afraid he'd lose a part of himself if she... He shook his head. He refused to think like that.

     "Maybe if you just show us what you are..." The scientist used the taser on him again, earning another scream from the boy who was so busy trying to save someone else he forgot about himself.

     Aurora did not give in.

     Not when they pierced needles into her head. Not even when they taunted her with words that she'd heard before. The mad scientists were left unsatisfied as they exited the room, leaving no one but her on the metal bed, unmoving and exhausted. She was worn out and weak and in a lot of pain from all the torture she had endured earlier from the men and women in lab coats.

     They weren't normal doctors. They didn't treat the mentally ill. They make them worse.

     They didn't even bother with the wounds they left on her body. Blood seeped through her hair, soaking her red hair that it almost looked black. Her face was pale, her skin even more paler, along with her lips. Her eyes were red from all the forced tears that came out of it. She looked dead. Like a corpse strung out of blood.