Chapter 3: First Classes. Enter Sully.

Everyone woke up and got ready for classes. The bell rang for everyone to go to class.

"Oh, man! I can't be late on the first day!" A yellow slug monster complained. He tried to run..tried. But was going about two feet an hour.

Meanwhile, the other students touch the foot of one of the statues outside the scaring school. Mike had to jump to touch it while (Y/n) just glided his hand across it. Once they entered, Mike looked around the classroom in awe mainly at the statues of previous headmasters scream canisters. Also Moth Mans right after Mrs. Hardscrabbles one. 

"Wow." Mike whispered. 

Mike sat down as (Y/n) sat a few rows behind him as two monsters noticed Mike. "You got to be kidding me." One of them commented. They stopped as they felt a rush of fear in them. They nervously turned around to meet (Y/n) with a deadpan glare directed right at them. They slowly turned around now scared of the Moth man. 

"I'm so nervous!" Randall said as he sat by Mike.

"Relax, it'll be fine." Mike reassured his roommate.

Soon the teacher walked up. "Good morning, students. Welcome to Scaring 101. I am Professor Knight. Now I'm sure you were all the scariest monster in you town. Well, bad news, kids. Your in my town now, and I do not scare easily." Professor Knight Said.

Ironically, he let out a small yelp when he heard something flying around. Most of the windows were shut and the being finally landed, letting everyone see who it was.

"Dean Hardscrabble. This is a pleasant surprise." Professor Knight remarked greeting the headmaster.

"She's a legend. She broke the all-time Scare Record when she tied with her brother in that very can!" Mike whispered to Randall.

"Always with the dramatic entrance kind of gets old after 18 years.." (Y/n) mumbled. 

"I don't mean to interrupt. I just thought I'd drop by to see the terrifying faces joining my program." Hardscrabble remarked as she slightly polished her scream canister glancing at her nephew with a light smile.

"Well, I'm sure my students would love to hear a few words of inspiration." Prof.Knight suggested.

"Inspiration? Very well." She agreed as the then did a rather...unique explanation. "Scariness is the true measure of a monster. If your'e not scary, what kind of a monster are you?" She stated glancing at Mike as he swallowed nervously. "It's my job to make great students greater, not make mediocre students less mediocre. That is why at the end of the semester there will be a final exam. Fail that exam and you are out of the Scaring Program. So, I should you're all properly inspired." 

She took off, leaving the stunned and shocked students. 

"All right. All Right. Who can tell me the properties of an effective roar?" Prof.Knight asked, changing the subject. 

Mike immediately raised his hand.

"Yes?" Prof.Knight asked.

"There are actually five. Those include the roar's resonance, the duration of the roar, the-" Mike listed.

Then a roar caught everyone off guard and they looked to see a huge, blue monster with purple/pink polka dots. (Cant exactly tell ._.)

"Whoops. Sorry. I heard someone say 'roar', so I kind of went for it." He said then greeted other monsters as he approached his seat. "Oh, excuse me, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you there. Hey, how you doing?" 

"Very impressive, mister..." Prof.Knight said waiting for a response. 

"Sullivan. Jimmy Sullivan." The blue monster introduced. 

"Sullivan. Like Bill Sullivan, the Scarer?" Prof.Knight wondered.

"Yeah, he's my dad." Sully answered.

Everyone gasped at that. While (Y/n) let a small smile grace his features.

"I should have known. I expect big things from you." Prof.Knight stated.

"Well, you won't be disappointed." Sully assured as he sat beside (Y/n)

"Uh...I'm sorry. Should I keep going?" Mike asked.

"No, no. Mr.Sullivan's covered it." Prof.Knight said.

Sully did finger guns at Prof.Knight as he clicked his tongue.

"Heh. Everyone take out your Scaring textbooks and open them to Chapter One." Prof.Knight instructed.

"Hey, bub. Can I borrow a pencil? I forgot all my stuff." He asked a monster. The guy gave him one, and Sulley used it to pick at his teeth. "Ah! All right. Yes. There we go. That will get it. Mmm...yeah." 

(Y/n) tapped Sully on the shoulder getting his attention. "Sup, I'm (Y/n). Nice to meet another Scarers son."

"Nice to meet ya too." Sully replied shaking his hand. "So, who's your dad?" 

"Hank Mothman. The Original Moth Man." He said. "Thought the whole moth demeanor would give it away."

Sully let out a chuckle. "Well, I think we know who will become great Scarers."

Now (Y/n) let out a chuckle. "We'll see"