FORTY

I dropped him home, and fell into bed, only to not sleep a wink. I have the day off tomorrow, today, before one more week off filming before production wraps. So I take it slow, waking up and making myself a hearty breakfast. Emotional eating, great. I suppose Kian would still be sleeping, so I'd head over to his in the afternoon. I make bacon and poached eggs on avo sourdough with sautéed garlic mushrooms and home fries. Coffee and pineapple juice. Diana enters the kitchen mid yawn as I eat, she claps
"Now that is what I like to see."
I point to the microwave
"Your plate awaits."
She takes is out, slipping up beside me. I know she can tell something is wrong with me, but she lets me just eat. Probably afraid I'll stop again. We eat in silence, until my phone rings. Elton?
"Elton?"
I answer. He coos
"Alaska! So you are alive?"
"Says you mr 'blowing things up with tanks'."
He chuckles, asking
"How's the movie coming along?"
"Amazing. We wrap production in a week from tomorrow."
He claps
"Perfect."
I raise an eyebrow, even though he can't see
"Why?"
"How would you like a trip away to recharge after a hectic few months?"
"Ooh," I begin "a TFIL trip. Where to?"
"Greece, someone just backed out so there's a spot free on the trip. I was just about to book, and since I've promised you a TFIL trip, you in?"
I grin
"To Greece? Absolutely."
I have always wanted to go to Greece.
"Amazing! I'll get it all booked and sorted and get back to you with the details."
"Thank you so much, Uncle E."
He chuckles
"Anytime, superstar."

The next week and a bit is huge. We wrap filming, it's emotional and I feel weird about it. Like losing your virginity, that first time gone. And the fact I don't have another part lined up yet. An insecurity. I need assurance I'm not going to be a one film wonder. Either way, going straight into packing for Greece is the distraction I need. Keeping me busy. We'll be gone for a couple weeks. I spend the first day after wrapping taking a day off from everything. Pausing entirely. I don't check emails, film, exercise. I sleep in, eat, read, write, nap, bath, manicure, post mates dinner with Kian, movie marathon, sex, sleep. It sounded amazing, and I did feel like I deserved it, and I did feel good after it. But during it all I wasn't restless. Shaking, feeling like something was waiting for me to do. I didn't like it. I wanted to do something with my time. Kian made sure I stuck to it though, letting myself do nothing for once. But then the next two days, I'm making lists and packing for Greece. I'm a horrible packer, packing far too much than necessary. Kian and Diana aren't the best helps either. They both are as bad as me. It takes me a lot to pack everything I need but narrowing it down. But I'm done a day in advance, leaving me one day to dedicate to Kian before I leave the following morning. We spend our day together filming, I film a video and tell them that I'll just be positing vlogs of my trip for the next couple of weeks. We head down to the Farmers Market, we go get some tattoos, we catch a movie, show face at a party, and head home for the night. We talk and cuddle until we're asleep in each other's arms. I wake up early in the morning, slipping out of his arms and kissing him goodbye before heading home. I shower and get ready for the flight, Diana driving me there.
"Have fun egirl."
I scoff, since she's discovered the term 'egirl' it's her favourite nickname for me. It was funny at first, now I want to stick my finger down my throat and hurl every time she says it. I take my bags out of the car, assuring her
"I will- I'll bring home presents... for my favourite weeaboo."
"Touché."
She laughs as I close the door, waiting for me to get inside before she drives off. I see Heath first, waiting with Elton when I enter. I excitedly make my way to them
"The boys!"
I jump on them, hugs going around. I look around, asking
"How many are we missing?"
"Two."
Elton replies, just as Heath points behind me
"None."
I turn, seeing the two previously mentioned walking up to us. Wheeling their suitcases in trail. My heart drops. Brennan and Colby. Of course Colby would be coming. Why didn't I guess that? Why didn't I even think to ask that in advance? I'm so dumb. It wouldn't have been a problem, if it wasn't for how we left things that night he came to me drunk. Now it's just awkward. Even as I try to casually greet them, Colby is visibly not interested in trying to be casual with me. Ridiculous- we can at least be civil. After a brief catch up and greeting, Elton states
"Let's get this show on the road."
With our cameras out and vlogging, we check in and check our bags and head through customs. It's funny, without a camera on him Colby seems content to ignore me for the most part. But when the camera turns on, he's pleasant as ever, just avoiding me subtly. This is going to be a ridiculous trip, I can feel it already. We're flying United. The flight a total of eighteen hours from LAX to ATH. Eighteen hours in which I would have had to be sat next to Colby the whole time for, since our tickets were next to each other. But once the flight actually takes off and the seatbelt light goes off, I convince Elton to switch with me. Him taking the aisle seat in the centre three and me the window seat in the two across the aisle from him. Heath's chill to travel with, he's entertaining. But not entertaining enough to keep my attention off Colby and our proximity. And how immature he's acting. I swear I can feel his eyes on me every so often, but I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of looking over. It's a long flight, I can feel it already. We fly for five hours, and land in Newark New Jersey for a three hour stop over.