Chapter 8

(Maka POV)

Springtrap just got done beating Stein, which for all of us in the room, was impossible. He then simply waved his left hand and his phantoms turned into that green smoke they came from and the souls flew back into said hand. He walked out from there as class was dismissed. I rushed out of the room to try and catch up to Springtrap, I have to know how he summoned those things. I found him on the roof of the academy, he watched birds fly by. His ears flopped from side to side with every turn of his head.

Me: "Hey, Springtrap!"

Springtrap: "Hello Maka, why have come up here?"

Me: "I wanted to speak to you."

Springtrap: "Ok, what did you want to talk about?"

Me: "I wanted to ask you how you created those phantoms?"

Springtrap: "It's...complicated. The only thing I can really say is that it's heredity."

Me: "Ok."

He turns to face me, his own emerald eyes shining bright in the sunlight.

Springtrap: "I'm sorry for the comment I made during your fight with Stein. I said it as a half warning, half joke. I didn't mean to offend you."

He turned back to the balcony. I couldn't believe it, I figured he was like the majority of men. But he actually apologized for his action. Papa and Soul would never have done that. I walk up and sit next to him one the balcony.

Me: "Hey, Springtrap?"

Springtrap: "Yeah Maka?"

Me: "Um...what you said a couple of days ago, about me."

Springtrap: "About you being beautiful?"

Me: "...Yeah. About that. Did...did you really mean it?"

Springtrap: "Maka, look at me."

I look at his "face", I wonder what lies under the mask.

Springtrap: "Maka, just because you don't have large tits or ass, doesn't mean you aren't beautiful. I care more about a person's personality than there looks, but even Soul must admit, you are gorgeous. Anyone who cares for only a person's looks and there 'assets' aren't going to have a good relationship."

Springtrap had me stunned once again. My heart starts to beat faster. Wait, do I have a crush on him? No. That can't be, I met him only a few days ago. Not only that, but most men are the same, cheating assholes. Right?

Death: "Hi! Hello! How's it going!"

Lord Death had come up to the balcony with us. I wonder why.

Me/Springtrap: "Hello Lord Death./ Hey Death."

Death: "Springtrap, I have a mission for you."

Springtrap: "Alright, what is it?"

Death: "You are to help Kid look for a magic tool onboard the train known as the Runaway Express."

Springtrap: "I understand, we'll get it done."

Death: "Good. Kid is leaving now, I suggest you meet him at the front of the academy."

Death walks away and Springtrap has his attention directed back at me.

Springtrap: "I'm sorry we have to cut this short. But maybe if we get back in time you and the others can help me with something."

My heart starts beating faster. Maybe I do have a crush on him, and if I do, what do I do? I've never had this feeling for anyone.

Me: "It's ok, I'd like to talk again soon. I really enjoy your company. And I'm sure we all would be happy to help you. We are friends after all."