Chapter 16

A/N: Yay another chapter. For some reason, my brain decided to cooperate and spew a bunch of ideas out at once so I was able to write this chapter fairly quickly. This chapter is up really early so I've started working on the next one and it will probably be up by Thursday. 

"Sherlock, you don't have to do this."

 "What?"

"You're nervous. It doesn't take a master detective to tell you've never done this before."

"I just wanted to..."

"To show me that you cared by using your body?"

"It sounds bad when you put it that way..."

"Sherlock, you don't need to prove anything to me that way. You know I care about you and wouldn't want you to do anything you aren't ready for."

"I thought it would make it clear to you if I initiated some sort of physical relationship. The other night you thought I was going to leave you when I felt the opposite. I wasn't showing my emotions towards you well enough for you to understand how I felt."

"Is that what this is about? I know how you feel and trust me, I feel the same way. The other night I was just being paranoid and letting my emotions get the best of me."

"I just wanted to make up for it..."

"Please don't think you ever have to make up for things by doing anything you don't want to do. I never want to make you feel like I'm expecting these things from you or you have to do them to keep me happy. The only time I want you to do these things is when you are absolutely one hundred percent sure this is what you want."

"John..."

"It makes me angry when I think that someone could take advantage of you that way. I love you and I don't want to see you get hurt."

John pulled Sherlock closer and exhaled deeply. For someone whose such a genius, Sherlock can be so naive when it comes to things like this. There are bad people who wouldn't hesitate and completely disregard what Sherlock wanted. John choked back the lump that had started to form in his throat and relaxed into Sherlock. 

"Are you angry with me?"

"No. It's not anything you did. I just don't want you to be careless because you're important to me."

"I'm sorry, John."

"Don't be. Let's go get dinner before they stop serving it." 

As John turned around and reached for the door, Sherlock pulled him back. Before he could protest, he was stopped by Sherlock's sad, brown eyes staring down at him.

"I want to get to know you, John. You're remarkable and brilliant and you never cease to surprise me. I want to know about your life so I can be a part of it."

"Sherlock..." 

John was shocked. He expected that he would have to sit Sherlock down and interrogate him if he wanted to get to know anything about Sherlock's personal life. Was Sherlock really the one asking first? John forgot about dinner and immediately dove straight into the conversation.

"What do you want to know?"

"Family, hobbies, interests in general?"

"That seems a bit out of character for you to be asking. Are you sure you won't be bored?"

"John, for once, I am seriously interested so please continue."

"So, uh, family. I have an older sister named Harry. She's where I go to for advice or help or any other things you'd go to family for. My dad is overseas in the military currently and I don't hear from him much. Not that it bothers me, though; he's hard to deal with most of the time. He's the one that 'strongly encouraged' I get into sports. My mum is your typical motherly kind of woman. She's kind and compassionate, but she works all the time and isn't home much. I've pretty much depended on Harry for everything the last few years. You?"