It was so obvious...

At a sushi restaurant
Aziraphale's pov
"Angel, do you want to order first?" Crowley asked.
I looked up from my menu.
"Just the salmon maki for me please." I smiled at the waiter and could've sworn I'd heard an angry growl from Crowley. Everyone else ordered (except from Crowley) anathema, newt, shadwell, madam Tracy, the young family and the rest of the Them. The food arrived and everyone was talking merrily to each other.

"...because it hold up traffic wherever it goes!" Finished newt. Nobody laughed except Crowley. His laugh was amazing and always an indication of an upcoming snarky comment.
"That's PATHETIC" he chuckled. I was sat next to him so I could see the gleam in his yellow eyes from behind his glasses. I tore my own eyes away so as not to stare.

Ok fine, so I liked Crowley. Of course I did! How could I not. His demonic charms are too devilishly tempting to resist. People say he walks and dresses like a slut but I think he looks wonderful. But there was no way such a fashionable demon like himself could ever love an angel such as me. Not to mention that it's probably forbidden somewhere in Devine laws...

"So, angel," Crowley said, "when are we ever gonna do this, just the two of us?" Anathema's head snapped to our direction.
"I hardly think there's any point," I retorted, "it's not like you eat anything, and you always have to insult my food."
"Oh." Was all Crowley said. Then he got up and left for the bathroom. I brushed it off and wasn't going to think of it anymore until I felt someone besides me slap my shoulder. Hard. I turned to anathema and was faced with the most frightening glare that even Satan himself would've run away from.

"You. Absolute. IDIOT. Aziraphale." She was fuming.
"W-what did I do?" I whimpered.
"You just turned Crowley down on a date!" She exclaimed, "and In the rudest way possible, might I add." I was at a loss for words. Newt was trying to restrain anathema from hitting me again.
"I- a date? No- not Crowley. He wouldn't- he doesn't even-"
"-liKE YOU?!" She screamed, "oh my goodness aziraphale! It's so obvious he does!" A sudden flash of memories flashed into my mind. Every time he bought me a meal, every time he asked me to meet up with him,  every time he called me angel.
"Oh dear lord," I breathed, "it was so obvious. But I was oblivious. How could I-"
"Save it for Crowley." Said newt. I gave him a puzzled look.
"What are you waiting for?!" Cried the still very angry witch next to me, "go find him!"

I rushed to the men's room but made sure to open the door carefully.
"Crowley?" I asked the silence. There was no answer except from a sniffle that came from the locked cubicle.
"I'm sorry," I began, "I totally missed what you were trying to say. The thing is, I've liked you for a while now but I could never expect that someone as amazing as you could ever love me back. But I really don't want to upset you so-" the bathroom stall opened, revealing Crowley without his glasses on. His eyes were puffy and he had tear streaks down his perfect cheeks. I reached out and stroked his cheek bone.
"If it's not to late, I'd like to accept your date offer. If you will have me. Anthony j. Crowley." I beamed up at him and he pulled me into a soft hug. My pulse quickened and I couldn't contain myself. I went up on my tip toes and firmly pressed my lips to his. Crowley pulled me tighter and kissed me back. Even though being a snake made him cold blooded, this demon felt particularly warm so close to my body. We broke apart, our breath in time with each other.
I love you angel.

666 words omg ❤️🏳️‍🌈