II

✶

Sapphire sat at a metal lunch table in the dining area of the resistance base not so patiently waiting for her older brother and best friend to join her.

"Hey sorry we're late we ran into Leia on the way over." Legacy said as she gave her best friend a side hug and took a seat next to her.

"Is that the new term for making out?" Sapphire said as she rolled her eyes at the pair.

"Hey when your girlfriends that hot you got to..." Poe started being cut off by his sister half way through.

"If you even think about finishing that sentence I will personally stab you with a lightsaber" Sapphire threatened.

"Where would you even find a lightsaber?" Poe questioned his baby sister.

"You do realize your girlfriend who is my best friend carry's around a lightsaber right?"

"She wouldn't dare give it to you because she loves me too much." Legacy annoyed with the brother sister duos arguing grabbed the lightsaber from the hilt attached to her belt handing it to the girl who sat beside her.

"Don't test me Dameron she was my best friend before you where my boyfriend." Legacy said rolling her eyes at the man that sat before her.

"okay, okay bee bee eight remind me not to cross these two ever again" Poe said laughing to the droid that sat beside him.

"So me and Poe have to tell you something Fie but Poe has a quick mission he needs to finish first." Legacy told her best friend while Poe nodded in agreement.

"Of course you can't just tell me now." Sapphire complained.

"Meet us in the hanger in about ten minutes or so." Poe told.

"Alright see you there"

Sapphire walked into the hanger looking around for the pair she was meant to meet with. Eventually she caught a glimpse of Legacy's red hair and made her way toward the older girl.

"So are we ready to go?" Sapphire questioned making her presence known to the girl. Legacy turned around a bright smile across her face.

"Poe's just doing some last minute checks you know how he is with his ships" Legacy told as a short laugh left her lips, Sapphire rolling her eyes.

"Sometimes I think he loves his ship and bee bee eight more then he loves us" The two girls laughed as Poe came into view.

"Are you two ready to go?" Both girls nodded as Poe made his way into his ship. The girls followed. Sapphire sat beside her brother in front of the controls as Legacy sat behind the pair with the small round droid at her feet.

Poe and Sapphire worked together as the ship rose from the ground making its way into the air. Once they where out of the hanger the ship flew up into the atmosphere. The dark void surrounding them.

"Where exactly are we going?" Sapphire questioned. Legacy pulled herself in between the seats.

"I don't know Poe never told me" Legacy said. Poe looked at the two girls a small smile on his lips

"To Jakku. Like we said before I have a small mission to complete then well head over to a nicer planet have some drinks and tell you our news" Legacy's smile grew wider as she thought about their news. She couldn't wait to see the look on her friends face when she told her they would eventually become sister-in-laws.

"I can't wait to tell you Fie" Legacy said as she sat back in her seat. Sapphire smiled and rolled her eyes at the way her friend was reacting but she couldn't wait to hear the pairs news.