III

✶

Jakku was a hot sandy planet but by the time they arrived at the planet the sun had already set. Poe was the first to exit BB-8 and Sapphire not far behind. Legacy stood at the edge on the ship her eyes on the sand below her

"Legacy you coming?" Sapphire asked giving her friend a strange look. Legacy nodded as she stepped into the sand a look of disgust on her face.

"Whats wrong?" Poe asked as he watched the girl make her way toward them

"I hate sand" Legacy spat. Poe and Sapphire exchanged a look before they began laughing at the girl. Legacy rolled her eyes as they began walking again

"Alright I have to go meet with some one you three stay here and keep a look out I'll be back shortly" Poe told as Sapphire sat against a rock. Just before Poe walked away from them Legacy grabbed his arm forcing him to turn around and be face to face with the girl. Legacy pulled Poe close to her planting a soft kiss against his lips.

"Be careful"

"I always am" With that Poe walked away disappearing into a hut. Legacy took a seat beside Sapphire as BB-8 circled around them.

"You really had to kiss him?" Sapphire asked causing the girl to laugh.

"Sorry I'm in love with your brother dear" Legacy said as she nudged Sapphire causing a smile to break out on the girls face.

"It disgusting" The girls broke out into laughter. After a few minutes BB-8 beeped at the girls informing them that he was going to "check the perimeter"

The girls nodded at the droid and sat patiently waiting for him to come back. Suddenly they saw the droid headed toward them at an alarming rate beeping words of worry. Before Legacy could react Sapphire jumped to her feet warning her brother of the incoming danger. Legacy stood outside the hut waiting for her friends to join her.

"You have to hide" Poe said as he now stood beside Legacy. The girl looked to see who the boy was talking to noticing a face she hadn't seen for years

"You have to leave" Lor San Tekka spoke as he too looked at the girl. They made eye contact for a moment before he spoke again.

"Go"

Legacy looked to her friends as they began running through the sand. Legacy watched as civilians prepared to fight just as thousand of storm troopers began invading the village.

The four made it to their ship, Poe ahead of them began climbing in reaching down to help the girls. Once they where all in Poe closed the hatch and began preparing to take off.

"What the hell is this mission that the first order is here now?" Sapphire questioned as she helped her brother once more

"A very important one"

Suddenly the ship jolted forward and the control panel began beeping rapidly. Poe quickly shot at the troopers that hit their ship. Poe helped the girls as they began exiting the ship.

"Great the first orders here and now our ships damaged" Sapphire complained as they watched the storm troopers destroy the village.

Poe made his way to the back of the ship to check the damage Legacy not far behind him.

"It's to much damage will never make it" Legacy spoke. Poe crouched beside her turning toward BB-8. He pulled something from a small bag.

"You take this. It'll be safer with you" Poe spoke as he pointed the object at the droid.

"Poe what are you gonna try and do?" Sapphire spoke behind Legacy. Poe turned toward the two girls pointing a finger at them before turning back toward the droid

"You get as far away from here as you can that goes for you two" He turned back toward the girls

"What? Poe are you crazy I'm not leaving you" Legacy said as Poe stood. Poe grabbed Legacy's face in his hands

"The further away from here you are the safer you are" Legacy shook her head as tears brimmed her eyes

"No." Poe's face fell in defeat they didn't have much time and fighting wasn't going to do them any good.

"Bee bee eight go. Will find you" Sapphire shooed the droid. Poe looked defeated. The three ran into the fight. Poe hid behind a rock blaster in hand as Sapphire and Legacy dropped behind a different rock. Sapphire had her blaster at the ready while Legacy's hand rested against the lightsaber hidden in her belt.

Sapphire and Poe began shooting at troopers in the distance. Suddenly Legacy felt a presence. The presence of someone whom she had loved but had betrayed her. That's when she noticed the ship flying toward them. Her breathe caught in her throat as Sapphire stopped shooting watching as the ship landed.

They landed as the storm troopers gathered the villagers. Legacy watched as Lor San Tekka was escorted toward the ship. Then the ship doors opened and the fear rose across the village as Kylo Ren stepped foot on the planet.

Kylo approached the older man as the trio watched from where they hid. Legacy's mind raced as she tried to find a way to help her old friend. They watched as the pair spoke suddenly Kylo's lightsaber was high in the air as Legacy watched in pure fear.

Lor San Tekka's force presence vanished as his body hit the ground causing the girl to sink further to the ground her hand covering her mouth as tears fell from her eyes. Sapphire noticed grabbing her friends hand she pulled her against her chest as she tried to stop her sobs.

The sound of a blaster tore both girls attention away from each other as they noticed Poe standing proud with his blaster drawn. They watched as the beam froze in mid air and Poe's hand was pulled from the trigger.

Two storm troopers ran toward him grabbing him and dragging him toward Kylo. The girls watched in horror as Poe was forced to kneel in front on him the beam flying off in the other direction.

"Sapphire go find bee bee eight get far away from here" Legacy spoke as she stood. Sapphire grabbed her arm.

"What are you going to do?"

"Save your brother" Sapphire nodded as she watched Legacy.

The girl stood tall as she walked toward the sith. Kylo turned suddenly feeling her presence he noticed the girl. He reached out toward her using the force to stop her in her tracks

"You take him, You take me too" Legacy spoke as she was pulled in front of Kylo kneeling beside Poe. She keep her eyes on the sith as she felt Poe's eyes burn holes in the side of her head.

"Go find bee bee eight. Get far away." Sapphire repeated Legacy's words as she turned in the direction the droid had gone

"Screw it" Sapphire turned sharply shooting a storm trooper that stood behind Kylo. All attention was turned toward her as she stood with her arms in the air and a smile on her face. She was then pushed down on the other side of Poe as the three stared up at the sith before them.