XIV

✶

Sapphire still remained restraint and confused. How was she able to read Kylo's mind? She knew for a fact she didn't have the force. she had heard stories of children with the force. She knew Legacy had it. She also knew she didn't. She began to believe it was simply because he was using the force on her. He wasn't as focused as he should have been and it was simply him reading his own thoughts to her. It was HIM not her.

Sapphire new there was no hope of escaping. She wasn't sure how she did it the first time to be able to do it again. Her eyes fluttered shut as her recent lack of sleep caught up to her. Suddenly she felt an energy surrounding her, something she never felt before. Her eyes flew open glowing a fiery red to see a red magic like energy surrounding her hands. She gasped causing the magic to disappear. She closed her eyes once more trying to focus on the magic again, she wasn't sure how she had done it but she knew the key to controlling the force was focus so it couldn't be much different for whatever this was.

Before she knew it she felt the same energy as before. Opening her eyes once more the red magic was swirling around her hands. Unsure of how to use them she just stared scared and surprised of the new discovery. Kylo was right she did have some sort of strange ability. It wasn't the force but what could it be? Sapphire closed her eyes again trying to focus on escaping. When she opened her eyes again she was on the floor her hands still glowing a faint red as they laid against the cold concrete. Shocked that it worked Sapphire stood turning toward the door only then realizing there was a stormtooper guarding the door.

Sapphire stood still closing her eyes and focusing on her powers once more. Red energy surrounded her again, opening her eyes she threw her hands toward the stormtrooper a red fiery ball flew from her hands hitting and sending the stormtrooper flying into the wall. Sapphire gasped falling backwards shocking her self yet again she looked at her hands in amazement a small smirk pulling at her lips.

Sapphire got to her feet walking toward the door she tried to pry it open but to no avail, she noticed a control panel beside her she began pressing all the buttons until the door slid open with a hiss. Sapphire poked her head out of the doors making sure no one was in the halls before making a run for it.

Moments later Kylo approaches the room noticing the limp body of the dead stormtrooper and the room empty. He circles the restraints for a moment before illuminating his light saber and slashing the metal restraints

Legacy stood beside Poe as her and many other resistance members surrounded a table discussing a plan

"We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale" Snap a resistance fighter said as the star killer base rose on the hologram projecting the planet so everyone could see

"Its another death star" Legacy said

"I wish that were the case" Poe said hitting a control. a hologram of the death star appears

"This was the death star" Poe said hitting another control that caused the death star to shrink and star killer base appear next to it much larger then they had originally thought.

"This is starkiller base." Poe finished as he turned toward the girl noticing the shock on her face. Legacy turned toward an already staring Poe her face softening as fear filled her body. Poe noticing her sudden change in mood reaching out to grab her hand giving it a small squeeze.

"It's so big" Han breathed out

"How is it possible to power a weapon of this size?" Admiral Ackbar questioned

"It uses the power of the sun. As the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears." Finn explained giving everyone an uneasy feeling. A officer runs up handing Leia a data card, a message.

"The first order, they're charging the weapon again, now. Our system is the next target" Leia spoke with such fear and heart break in her voice. It wasn't that she had worked hard to make this team she was bound to lose one or even all of them at one point. It was that her son was the one on the other end of it all. He wasn't by her side to fight this. Neither was Luke.

"Oh my. without the republic fleet, were doomed." C-3PO exclaimed. Legacy and Poe looked at each other, both their eyes filled with pain and tears. They didn't want to lose this fight or each other but in the end they never really knew what would happen.

"Okay, how do we blow it up?" Han questioned all eyes turning toward him

"There's always a way to do that" Everyone stayed quiet they where all filled with frustration and fear

"Han's right" Leia said shocking everyone including Han

"In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base would need some kind of thermal oscillator" Legacy told hoping someone would come up with something

"There is one" Finn began all eyes now turning to him as he moves around the hologram to a location on the starkiller base. It zoomed in on a giant block

"Precinct 47. Here." Finn finished pointing at the giant block

"If we can destroy that oscillator, it might de-stabilize the core cripple the weapon" Legacy once again informed

"Maybe even the planet" She added. Poe then tries to bolster spirits, looking at the big hexagonal structure

"We'll go in there and we'll hit that oscillator with everything we got"

"They have defensive shields that our ships cannot penetrate" Admiral Ackbar pointed out crushing Poe's spirits just a tad

"Kid, you worked there, what do you got?" Han questioned Finn who was staring at the hologram in deep thought

"I can do it" Finn exclaimed

"I like this guy" Han added

"I can disable the shields. But I have to be there, on the planet"

"Will get you there" Han told. Leia and Legacy looked at each other like the man was crazy

"Han, How?" Leia questioned her husband

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it" Han told

"So we disable the shields, take out the oscillator and we blow up their big gun. All right. Let's go!" Poe exclaimed everyone began to split up preparing. Poe pulled Legacy toward a private corner. He grabbed his Fiancés hands in his making eye contact with the shorter girl.

"Legacy, I love you so much and I'm really happy to be able to know we'll be getting married some time soon. I want you to have this" Poe said as he took the chain from around his neck he placed it in the girls hand. Legacy looked confused

"Attached to this chain is my mothers wedding ring. Before she past she gave it to me and told me to give it to a deserving women whom I love and can't bare to lose. Legacy I'm not sure what's going to happen out there today or any day, but I do know that I love you and I can't bare to lose you so please take this"

Tears brimmed the couples eyes as Poe spoke. Legacy choked back a sob as Poe grabbed the necklace moving to stand behind her. Legacy grabbed her short red hair lifting it off her neck as Poe laid the chain around her clasping it behind her neck. Poe moved back in front of the women bringing her into a kiss

"I love you so much Poe Dameron" Legacy said as she rested her head against Poe's