XI

✶

"What was that? I shouldn't have gone in there." Rey said still in shock of what she had just experienced.

"That lightsaber was Luke's, and his father's before him and now, it calls to you!" Maz told the frightened girl. Rey stands, fast. Still overwhelmed, emotional, speechless.

" I have to get back to Jakku." Rey stated.

"Han told me." Maz said Reaching out to the young girl who crouched to her height.

"Dear child. I see your eyes. You already know the truth. Whomever you're waiting for on Jakku, they're never coming back. But...there's someone who still could."

"Luke." Rey spat out.

"The belonging you seek is not behind you. It is ahead. I am no Jedi, but i know the force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing. Close your eyes. feel it." Maz encouraged the girl.

"The light. It's always been there. It will guide you. The saber. Take it." Rey suddenly stands.

"I'm never touching that thing again. I don't want any part of this." Rey pushed passed Maz running off. Her mind spinning. Rey ran passed Sapphire and BB-8 the droid immediately following her and Sapphire running after the droid. Maz sighs, feeling for the young girl.

"Rey slow down! Slow down!" Sapphire yelled after the girl causing her to stop.

"What are you doing? Go back Sapphire they need you." Rey told her.

"Your wrong. Why are you running where do you plan to go?"

"away from here"

A massive rally of a thousand stormtroopers, TIE fighters, officers and vehicles. Brutalist structure, mountainous snowy landscape. Addressing them at a podium, flanked by red first order banners, is Hux. His voice echoes.

"Today is the end of the Republic! The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder! At this very moment, in a system far from here the new Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Resistance. This fierce machine which you have built, upon what we stand. will bring an end to the Senate! To their cherished fleet! All remaining systems will bow to the first order! and will remember this...as the last day of the Republic!" Engineers perform final firing protocol. There's a sense of nervousness.