XVIII

✶

BB-8 approaches R2-D2, the long dormant droid suddenly stirs

"R2-D2! You've come back! You found what? How dare you call me that!" C3-PO spoke as he joined the two droids.

"Find master Luke how? Come, R2! we must go tell the others at once!

Leia stands alone and in silence, heartbroken.

"General? Excuse me, General?" Leia turns toward the bronze droid noticing R2 and BB-8 at his side.

"R2-D2 may contain some much needed good news"

"Tell me"

Soon everyone was in a command room surrounding a table. Legacy stood with Poe's arms wrapped around her as his head laid against her neck, his chin against her shoulder. Sapphire stood beside them with Rey. Sapphire's arms where crossed against her chest, Rey keep her eye on the girl. To Rey something seemed off about Sapphire. She just didn't know what. The three droids make their way into the room with Leia leading them catching everyone's attention. Everyone noticeable tensed as curiosity sparked. R2-D2 stopped in the middle of the room a little distance away from the group. Suddenly R2 projects  a hologram. A large navigational map with a specific missing chunk.
BB-8 rolls toward Sapphire beeping at her

"Yeah, all right, buddy, hold on"

Sapphire runs over, removes the ancient data device that Lor San Tekka had given from a base computer. She inserts it back inside BB-8, who then projects his map, which he shrinks down to size, and the two droids move slightly together. The two holograms unite, BB-8's piece filling in R2's perfectly. Legacy straightens up as Poe's arms fall from her waist. The girl's heart feels whole for the first time in a while. She was finally able to see her father again.

"Oh the map it is complete!" C-3PO exclaims

"Luke" Leia whispers her hand resting on her heart. Suddenly there are cheers. C-3PO leans down to R2-D2 and says quietly

"Oh my dear friend. How I missed you" Legacy pulled her aunt into a hug as happy tears streamed down their faces

"We found him" Legacy whispered into the embrace. The base that was once filled with heartache and despair was now full of cheers and celebration. Legacy's heart was full for the first time in forever. She was the happiest she had been since her engagement. Poe walked up to the girl hugging her from behind as a huge smile broke out on her face. She turned in the boys arms planting a warm passionate kiss against his lips. It felt as though everything was in slow motion as Legacy watched everyone celebrate. If only it could stay like this.