XIX

Poe sat in a closed off room within the base. Leia stood in front of him as she fixed his hair.

"Thank you for your help General." Poe said as he watched the older lady in front of him. Leia looked down at him a smile gracing her lips.

"Poe call me Leia. We are family now" Leia said with a wink. A large smile broke out on Poe's face a small blush covering his cheeks.

"Right" Leia continued to mess with Poe's hair when the door opened. Legacy peeked into the room causing Poe to turn toward her. His eyes glued to her filled with love as he watched the girl speak.

"Legacy what are you doing? Shouldn't you be getting ready?" Leia questioned her niece as she stopped messing with Poe's hair

"Uh yeah about that. Can you help me? I'm getting annoyed with these droids" Poe laughed as Leia nodded finishing Poe's hair. The two girls walked out going into another room. Once inside the room Legacy sat in a chair Leia immediately started curling the girls hair while Legacy started applying her make-up. After quite a bit the two girls moved in front of the tall mirror sitting against the wall. Leia held the wedding dress out to her niece. Legacy took the dress from her hands and changed into it looking at herself in the mirror. 

Leia stood behind her admiring the long white flowing dress. Legacy smiled at her appearance her heart hurt thinking of all the people that she had lost. Thinking about her late mother and uncle. She wished more then anything to have a big grand wedding but it didn't feel right without her parents, uncle, Ben, and Sapphire. So here she was settling for a small wedding with herself, Poe, and her aunt. She wasn't going to complain though she was happy to finally marry the man she loves.

Leia stood beside her niece just outside the courtyard where she would be getting married. Leia turned toward the girl placing her hands on the girls cheeks a bright smile and teary eyes.

"My dear I'm so proud of you" Legacy became teary eyed at her aunts words as she remembered her mother telling her those same words just before she left.

"I wish my parents where here" Leia let out a soft sigh nodding at the girl wiping at the tears that slowly ran down her face. 

"As do I. They would be so happy to see how much you have grown and to see their little princess get married" Legacy smiled as more tears fell from her eyes. Now more then ever she missed her parents. Leia wiped her tears once more. 

"You ready to spend the rest of your life with that damn pilot?" Leia questioned  with a soft laugh. Legacy nodded with a huge goofy smile.

"Hell yeah" The two girls hooked arms as they began walking. Poe stood a few feet ahead of them patiently waiting to see his wife to be. Once the two girls entered the courtyard Poe's eyes glued to Legacy. His breathe caught in his throat at the sight of the girl tears brimming his eyes. A huge smile over took his features as he watched the girl make her way toward him. Legacy approached the small platform. Poe reached his hand out toward the girl helping her up. Poe admired the girl in front of him as they stood under the small flower archway. Legacy looked up noticing the flowers around her.

"Are these the flowers from our spot?" The girl asked making eye contact with Poe. Poe nodded a small blush gracing his features. Legacy smiled as she watched the boy finally taking in his appearance. 

"Shall we began?" The priest asked from beside the two taking their attention from each other. The two nodded as the priest began their attention quickly turning back toward each other. As the ceremony commenced time seemed to move in slow motion as Legacy took in the beauty of everything around her. Then before they knew it the pair exchanged vows.

"Do you Poe Kes Dameron take Legacy Padme Skywalker  to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" With a wide small and teary eyes Poe spoke.

"I do"

"Do you Legacy Padme Skywalker take Poe Kes Dameron to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" Legacy's eyes watered as she shared a quick glance with her aunt

"I do" 

"You may now kiss the bride" Poe grabbed Legacy's face between his hands his lips found hers as they shared a sweet and passionate kiss. Poe lifted Legacy in his arms as the girl laughed. They shared another kiss. Once Legacy was back on her own feet she ran to her aunt hugging her tightly as the two women cried. Poe stood behind them a smile on his face as he watched them share such a beautiful moment. Leia noticed Poe and reached her hand out to the boy. Poe gladly took it as the older women pulled him into the hug.

Legacy stood in the corner of the room as she watched her fellow resistance members celebrate the fall of the first order and unbeknownst to all of them the girls wedding. Legacy admired the silver band on her finger as her mind raced about her father and best friend. Legacy felt arms around her waist causing her to turn. She came face to face with her Husband. Poe smiled at the girl as he stole a quick kiss.

"Why aren't you celebrating?" Poe questioned as Legacy's arms found their way around the mans neck.

"Just worried about my father and Sapphire." Legacy told truthfully. Poe brushed a piece of hair behind the girls ear resting his hand against her cheek.

"Their gonna be okay and Sapphire's going to bring your father back" Legacy nodded as she pulled the man closer to her moving her hands around his waist and snuggling her head against his chest. Poe smiled as he wrapped the girl up in his arms resting his chin against her head. The two stayed like that for a bit just enjoying each others company as the party continued around them. Legacy's heart swelled as she enjoyed the moment. She had hope her friends would bring her father back safe and sound and she could enjoy this new life with Poe. 

THE END