VIII

✶

Rey was bent down in front of the controls in one of the smuggling compartments aboard the Falcon, Legacy sat on the edge her legs dangling into said compartment. Finn knelled next to the tool box they had found BB-8 on the other side of the tool box.

"Whats happening?" Finn questioned Rey as she fumbled with wires trying to fix the problem. Rey's head popped up from the smuggling compartment.

"Its the motivator! Get me a Harris wrench...Check in there." Rey said pointing to the tool box that sat next to Finn, he checked the box while Rey ducked down again trying to stop the problem as much as possible.

"How bad is it?" Legacy questioned.

"if we wanna live, not good!" Rey told her as BB-8 and Legacy watched Finn search through the tools.

"They're hunting for us now, we gotta get outta this system!" Finn said as Rey re-emerged, Finn handed her the wrench.

"Bee bee eight said the location of the Resistance base is 'need to know' if i'm taking you there i need to know." Rey told the two as she ducked to finish working on the problem.

Legacy contemplated telling her the truth did she really need to know? she could drop them off in a system close to the base and her and BB-8 could fly themselves back to base. Only one problem Legacy had never really flown she decided it was best to tell the two. The resistance could use as many allies as possible anyway.

"Pilex driver, hurry!" Finn moved for the tool.

"So, wheres the base?" Rey asked again Legacy looked toward BB-8.

"Go ahead bee bee tell her." BB-8 beeped in response.

"The Ileenium system?" Rey question as Finn hands her the tool.

"Yes can you get us there?" Legacy asked.

"I'll drop you three at the Ponemah Terminal. I need the bonding tape hurry!" Rey said.

"What about you?" Finn questioned while he searched for the tape.

"i got to get back to Jakku!"

"Back to Jak- Why does everyone always wanna go back to Jakku?!?!" Finn asked bewildered while he reached for a tool.

"no, that one! No. No The one i'm pointing to! No. NO. NO. if we don't patch it up, the propulsion tank will overflow and flood the ship with poisonous gas!" Rey said as she pointed at the tool she was talking about Finn still continued to reach for everything but the right tool. Legacy reached forward grabbing the tool Rey was talking about throwing it at her. Rey caught it and disappeared once more.