Twenty-Nine

We went to the mall the next day for a few hours. I had gone off with a group of kids while Louis stayed with the other chaperones. We were supposed to be there until like four, which was about two hours. I got tired of walking around and went to go find Louis or Zayn or any of the other chaperones to see if I could go sit in the bus for the rest of the time we were there.

When I got to the food court, which was where everyone was supposed to meet up, I saw Louis. I smiled until I realized he was talking to a woman across the table, and it wasn't just talking. He was smiling and either nodded or shook his head to everything. I looked at Zayn, who was also watching them and seemed please.

I fisted my hands and forgot about asking to leave to go to the bus and just went anyways. I could have sworn I saw Louis look up, but I wasn't paying enough attention. I was extremely pissed and hurt.

I climbed on the bus and moved to a seat in the back, not caring about who originally had what seat. There were a few kids there already, none sitting together and all towards the front. Mrs. Jennings was on the bus, reading a novel.

I saw Louis walking towards the bus. Shaking my head, I sank down into the seat and pulled out my ear buds to put in. I turned my music up loud and leaned forward, resting my head on the seat. 

Someone kicked my foot. On instinct I looked up and saw Louis sitting across from me with a desperate look. I reluctantly tugged out the ear buds, setting my phone to the side. I looked over at him and didn't say anything.

“Look, I know that looked bad-”

“You were flirting with someone!” I whisper yelled so no one would hear. 

“Harry, calm down,” Louis said, glancing at the front where Mrs. Jennings no longer sat. The other students were still there. “I swear, it meant nothing. It was for Zayn's benefit more than anything.”

“Why does Zayn care?” I crossed my arms. “Your social life is not his responsibility.”

“I know you’re mad. But just… let me actually talk to you in the room. Don't get pissed and shut me out like I know you want to.” I didn't answer and he sighed. “Please, Hazza,” he begged as he stood. I looked out the window and saw the group coming back. 

I looked at him and groaned internally but stood up when Louis did, walking back to the front of the bus and climbing off before anyone could get on. Zayn nodded when I pointed to Louis, so I followed him.

We got in his car and I crossed my arms again. “We're you gonna hide it from me if I didn't see it?”

 Louis looked at me like I was crazy. “What? No, of course I would have told you!” He shook his head, starting the car. “Apparently when I'm “as hot as I am’,” Louis said, even making the quotation marks, “I shouldn't be single, or not looking for a relationship.”

“Did you tell him you were in a relationship?” 

“Yeah, but I hesitated before giving a name, so he's convinced I'm not. I figured out he sent that chick over to talk to me, so instead of making a deal about it, I’d play it out, then I would tell you about it, when we got back to my house admittedly, so that if you wanted to yell and scream, you'd be able to.” Louis glanced at me. I let out a long breath, shaking my head. “Harry, I swear. I love you, I wasn't trying to hurt you. Playing this game is complicated. Isn't Niall wondering about your boyfriend?”

I shrugged. “We're best friends, but it's not like we're a constant in the others life. Right now it's one of those times where we drifted. But yeah, I mean, my parents think I'm dating someone, but they aren't sure. I haven't told them anything and they haven't asked.”

Louis chewed on his lip. “I'll tell Zayn to stay out of it. I don't want you mad at me.”

I reached over for his hand, kissing his knuckles. “I'm not mad anymore. “I'm just…”

“Jealous. I know, and honestly, you're pretty fucking hot when you are.”

I'll have to keep that in mind.

We got back to the hotel and everyone was talking about going swimming. Louis and I went up to our room, closing the door. I fell on the bed, tired. 

Louis hesitantly pulled me back up. “I know I fucked up. I'm sorry.” 

I leaned into him. “Just don't do it again, please,” I whispered, holding onto him. I was more afraid of losing him than the thought of him cheating. I'm scared that he would break up with me because he found someone his age. “I don't want to-”

“Of course I won't do it again. I'm sorry.” Louis kissed my head. “It won't happen again.”

“We should call each other by our middle names. I can call you Will, and you can call me Edward. That way were not exactly lying, but we are,” I suggested.

Louis nodded. “That works.”

I pulled him down on the bed and cuddled into him, closing my eyes. “You're mine,” I said. “All mine.”

“I'm not going anywhere,” Louis assured me. “I'm all yours.”

I smiled and looked up at him. “Okay, good. You better be mine.”