Forty-Four

“You’ll be back soon, right?” I asked Louis while we were Skyping. He was out of state for training and had been gone for nearly a week. School was boring and lame.

    “He’s been pouting without you,” Niall called from the bathroom.

    “Shut up,” I yelled back. 

    Louis grinned and shook his head. “I miss you too, baby. And I’ll be back on Wednesday.”

    “That’s so long,” I whined. “You’ve been gone since last Sunday.”

    “Please come back,” Niall begged, falling down on the bed. “Subs are only cool for so long, Tommo. Plus, hearing him whine all the time is getting old.”

    Louis rolled his eyes. “I’m expecting all of your work to be done, then.”

    “That’s not fair! It’s a sub.” I smacked Niall for Louis, who just started laughing. “Actually, Harry’s been making me do it. I can’t wait for the class to get a lecture while Harry and I are fine because we’re like the only two doing anything.”

    “Trust me, I know. Zayn’s been giving me updates. I honestly hate trainings.” Louis sighed but smiled. “You two aren’t destroying the flat, right?”

    “Totally,” I answered.

    “Parties, rendezvous, gaming. The usual.” Niall shrugged with a grin. “Place is a total mess.”

“As long as it’s clean by the time I get back. Otherwise you both get it. Don’t think you’re safe.” Louis looked back and forth between us, an easy smile on his face.

“Harry’s gonna take one for the team on this.” Niall clapped my shoulder and grinned. I smacked him again. “Hey, it's true. You would. He’s your boyfriend.”

“And I’d just kill you later,” I said sweetly with a smile. Niall started laughing and fell off the bed. I rolled my eyes and returned to Louis. “I want you here. He’s annoying me.”

“I wanna be there too. I’m seriously going over everything I already know and I want to rip my hair out.” He sighed. “But at the same time, I’m getting paid for just sitting here.”

“I wish we got paid for learning,” Niall called from the floor. I rolled my eyes, blowing a kiss to Louis, who copied. “I’d try a lot harder.”

“Yeah, I’m sure,” I said in a sarcastic tone. 

“I gotta go, Hazza,” Louis said with a slight pout while looking at his phone. “Don’t be too bored without me.”

“No promises,” I said. “I love you.”

“Love you too. I’ll call you later.”

“Sounds good.” We hung up and I closed the laptop. “I know distance and space is good, but I hate it so much.”

“How are you two still in the honeymoon phase? Like seriously?” Niall questioned, finally picking himself up off the floor. “You two haven’t fought yet, you never get sick of each other. You basically live together. Do I need to keep going?”

“I think you made your point. I don’t know. We just work well together. We’re gonna fight though, that's unavoidable. And that’s when I run off to yours or something. But I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to constantly get in fights or have a constant distrust. Why even date them then?” I moved off the bed and took the laptop to Louis’ desk, then headed towards the door. “Are you hungry?”

“Food?” Niall perked his head up, and I don’t know why, but I found it as one of the funniest things. “Foooood.”

“This is why we’re best friends,” I managed out between my laughter.

“I agree,” Niall said when he calmed down from laughing.