Fifty-Three

WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME THIS CHAPTER HAD A WHOLE UNFINISHED SENTENCE WHEN LOUIS WAS ADRESSING THE CLASS?!?! I FIX IT BUT YALL THERE WERE SO MANY MISTAKES AND NOT ONE OF YALL SAID ANYTHINGGGGG

Louis stood in the front of the room, a frown set on his face. Yesterday we had a substitute since he wasn't feeling well, and the class was total hell. Like students getting up and just walking out of the room for no reason, everyone throwing anything they could get their hands on, making the sub try calling for backup that never showed bad.

“Does anyone want to explain what happened yesterday?” Louis asked. No one raised their hand, making Louis sigh. “You guys are juniors. You're about to be adults or you are an adult. It's time to start acting like it. I could understand not doing your work, I can, but what else happened?” He asked. He almost looked to me because I told him what had happened right after class. 

Again, no one raised their hands. No one said anything. I looked down like I was guilty of something, but I wasn't. I was one of the only kids who turned in their work, didn't disrupt and attempted to help the stressed out sub.

“Fine, if no one wants to talk, this is what's gonna happen.” I looked up and saw his hands on his hips,a frown on his face as he scanned the room. “The assignment was due yesterday at the end of class. Only three people turned it in, so only those three people are gonna get credit for the assignment. Everyone who thought they were slick and turned it in the beginning of class,” Louis shrugged, crossing his arms. “I've been more than nice with how I've been grading. I'm tired of all of this.”

Everyone groaned but no one actually said anything against it. Louis was definitely a cool teacher, but he also wouldn’t let his students step over him. I kept looking down, biting my lip. I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn’t one of the kids Louis was mad at.

“It was one sub-” Someone started to say, but Louis shook his head, making them quiet down.

“All of this on top of not doing your work when I was gone for that week. I give you easy assignments and when only three people turn in an assignment that should have only taken twenty minutes I'm gonna get pissy.” I looked up and his arms were crossed. “And you were rude to her on top of it. I won’t tolerate that type of behavior with any sub."

Niall glanced at me and noticed my frown, so he bumped my arm. “Its not at you, H.”

I closed my eyes and sighed. “I know but I still feel like it is.” 

“I want this worksheet done by the end of class. If it isn't turned in, it's a zero unless you've talked to me.” 

No one talked the whole period unless it was to Louis. Even Niall and I stayed quiet. The only sound heard was pen on paper as everyone scribbled answers. I turned in my paper along with Niall and sat down, not even getting on my phone.

“H, relax. He's not pissed at you, I promise,” Niall whispered. “He's far from pissed at you.”

I shrugged, pulling out some of my homework. “I know he's not mad at me.”

Niall sighed and sat in his seat, watching me. I did my best to ignore him until the bell rang and students turned in their assignments before quickly leaving. Niall and I were the only two in the room and Niall went to close the door. 

“Just for Harry's sake-”

“I’m fine, Niall,” I mumbled, standing and walking to Louis, then leaning into him.

“Just tell him you're mad at the class and not him.” I sighed into his neck and closed my eyes.

“Why would I be mad at you?” Louis asked, rubbing my back. “You didn't do anything wrong.”

“I know you're not mad at me,” I mumbled. “I don't know why I feel like this.”

Louis rubbed my arm and kissed my head. “It’s okay Haz.”

Someone knocked at the door so I pulled away from him and sat on the desk near his desk. Amanda came into the room after Niall opened the door, brushing hair out of her face as she walked over to Louis. “Uh, Mr. Tomlinson?” She seemed semi nervous, and if it had anything to do with yesterday, I can imagine why.

“Yeah? What’s up?” he asked, in a calm tone, obviously wanting her to calm down. He was really good at reading people, especially his students.

“I had to leave early yesterday, is it okay if I still turn in the assignment?” She asked glancing at me.

“She did leave,” I said as a side comment. Not that Amanda was a bad student or anything, she was actually rankled pretty high in the class and tries to do what she’s supposed to do. Of course I would back her up and tell Louis she left. She still deserves credit for the assignment.

Louis nodded and smiled at her. “Yeah, I’ll take it. That was directed at all the kids who just didn’t do anything. Thank you for coming to talk to me.”

Amanda look relieved as she handed him the paper. “I appreciate it.” She smiled at me before she walked out of the room.

Once she was gone, Louis turned to me again. “Are you okay, Haz?”

I nodded my head, grabbing his hand and just playing with his fingers. “I’m okay.”

“Can I kidnap him for the night?” Niall asked. “I need Harry time, too.” He crossed his arms while he waited for an answer.

Louis looked at me and I nodded, so he kissed me. “I’ll see you tomorrow, love.”

I smiled and kissed him again. “Okay. Love you,” I said quietly as I stood and grabbed my backpack.

“Love you, too,” he replied.