Sixty-Three

During lunch the next day I went to Louis’ room, pausing outside the door. I hesitated to knock. A very small part of me was hoping Louis was gone again and that I could just avoid this. An even bigger part of me wanted to see him again. 

I took a deep breath and knocked. I needed to talk to him. I had to just check on him, if nothing else.

Louis opened the door and when he saw it was me, his eyes widened. He pulled me in and closed the door then he stared at me. “Haz,” he whispered.

“Are you okay?” I asked softly. I knew he still had my wrist but I wasn't sure if he did. I didn't care, I missed him, I missed him touching me, talking to me, smiling, laughing, everything.

“No, not really,” he shook his head and sighed. “Are you?” he looked at me, his eyes searching my face. 

“I don't know.” I was trying to prepare for anything he could have thrown at me. He wanted me back; He got into another relationship. I was all he could think about; he pretty much never wanted to see me again. “I've been trying to be okay.”

Louis sighed, mostly to himself. “Why did I do this?” He mumbled.

I thought he meant coming back. I had no idea why he came back. The thought brought tears to my eyes that I fought back.  “I miss you,” I whispered. “I miss you so fucking much and I still love you,” I continued, barely any louder than before. I didn't hesitate with it because my mind wouldn’t let me. Once I said I missed him, the rest just tumbled out. “I didn't want to leave but I didn't want to make it any harder on you, but leaving was the hardest thing I've ever done.”

That must have been it for him because he pulled me to him and held me tightly. “I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I was an idiot and-”

While we were still hugging I reached up and pinched his lips together. “It's okay,” I whispered. Then I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned into him. “It’s okay.”

“I love you, Harry,” Louis whispered. “So much. Can we please go back and be okay and-”

I moved to my tiptoes and kissed him. Both of my hands cupped his face. Louis stepped closer and pressed our foreheads together. “Yes.” I kissed him again. “I need you. I need you so fucking much it’s not even funny.”

Louis grabbed my hands, then pulled back and looked at the ring. “You still wear it?”

I looked at the promise ring. “We got this,” I said, looking back to him. 

“We got this,” Louis repeated. We kissed again then I pulled back. “I need to go talk to Niall. I won't run off during class today.”

Louis chuckled, a tear falling down his face. “Good. I’d hope not.”

I smiled and brushed the tear away before I walked to his door. “I'll see you in a bit.”

“Okay, Haz.” Louis was smiling to himself as I left the room and walked to the cafeteria. I found Niall talking to some of the basketball players, but he came over to me the second he saw me.

“Where have you been?” Niall demanded as soon as he was close enough. 

I waited until he was next to me to answer. “Talking to Will,” I answered quietly, looking around the busy cafeteria. 

“You went without me?” Niall asked. “What the hell? I thought you were-”

“That was something I needed to do, Ni. And it's not like things ended on bad terms, just seeing him yesterday and not expecting-”

“Okay, okay,” Niall cut me off. “How did it go? Are things okay? Are you two back together?”

I nodded my head a small smile forming on my lips as I thought back to the last five minutes. “Yeah. He just needed a break. I never took off the promise ring.” I showed Niall.