Forty-Seven

I held Louis’ hand tightly as we walked through the airport. “Are they here?” I asked. 

We already had found our things and were waiting on Louis’ family to come pick us up. I was excited and Louis was tired so I was trying to keep myself calm for him.

“Yeah, in the front, baby.” Louis squeezed my and lead us both to the doors of the airport. He looked at some of the cars while I did the same the other way. “Found them,” he said, tugging on my hand. 

We walked over to the car and Dan got out. “Let me take those,” he offered, grabbing our suitcases. Before Louis got in the car he hugged Dan.

Pheoby was in her carseat. She squealed as soon as she saw us. “Hazzy! Lou!”

“Hey Pheoby,” Louis smiled, tickling her. “I missed you, baby.”

“I’m not a baby!” she corrected loudly, making everyone laugh. “I missed Hazzy.”

“I missed you too,” I told her.

“She insisted on staying up to come get you guys. We tried to lay her down,” Johannah just shook her head playfully. “Did not work.”

“Nope, not until Lou and Hazzy were here.” She smiled widely at me. “I missed you.”

Louis smiled at Pheoby and leaned over me to kiss her head. “We missed you too, Pheobs.”

Louis rested his head on my shoulder, and it didn't take long before he was asleep. My hand was on his thigh and I brushed my thumb back and forth.

“What's new, Harry?” Dan asked. Johannah was driving and he was sitting in the passenger seat.

“Actually, quite a bit. I pretty much moved in with Louis.” I looked over at Pheoby who was still awake. “I can explain that in a little.” I motioned towards Pheoby and they both nodded. “But I mean, the last month had been pretty good.”

“That's good. Pheoby refused to go to sleep until she saw you guys.” I looked back over at her and she was nearly asleep.

“Looks like she'll be sleeping well tonight,” I said since she was already nearly asleep. 

Johannah chuckled. “Oh yeah. She's gonna be out tomorrow.”

When Pheoby finally fell asleep a few minutes later I looked ahead at the road. “So, I basically live with Louis now.” Johannah nodded, looking back at me, telling me to continue. “My parents have been fighting for over a year now, and I was getting involved more and more because all they wanted to do with each other was argue. My stepdad got physical once which was pretty bad right off the bat. My mom was worried about me because I was at Louis’ house for like two weeks without checking on at all.”

“I'm guessing you went back home and it still didn't end well.” Dan turned in his seat and I shrugged. 

“I woke up in a hospital. I haven't been back since to talk to them or anything. Louis wouldn't let me and frankly I don't want to go either.”  I squeezed Louis’ thigh slightly. 

“Everything's better now, right?” Johannah asked.

“Yeah, we just have to be a lot more careful. One of my friends know, and he's been helping.” I moved my shoulder a little lower to make it more comfortable for Louis.  “I still worry about him knowing, though. Like it only takes one small slip up for everything to come crumbling down.”

“How has it been helping though? I mean if you just told him, I doubt he’s going to see anything if he’s seen you as happy as I imagine you would be?” Johannah asked. 

“So he told me that one of our teachers was dating one of Louis’ friends that I had met briefly, and I was able to tell Louis before anything happened, but that was a terrifying moment.” I looked over at Louis who was out cold. 

“At least you're okay,” Dan said. “And as much as you want to keep it all to yourself, you're gonna need that person to talk to when you get confused or if you guys fight because it's bound to happen.”

“Yeah, that's pretty much what he said too. I just don't want to lose him, it would be really hard without him.” I squeezed Louis’ thigh and he moved closer to me. 

“How was the flight? Was it any better this time?” Johannah asked.

“Yeah, it wasn't all that bad. I think since it was my first time flying, it scared me more than anything. But I was fine after that.”

Johannah smiled through the rearview mirror. “That's good. It gets easier the more you do it.”

I nodded, leaning my head on top of Louis’. “Yeah,” I said quietly. “I guess it does.”

The next morning I woke up to getting jumped on by Lottie. I groaned and swatted at her, pushing my head under a pillow. 

“Really?” I heard Louis groan. “Fuck off.”

“You should have waited a day before flying out,” she said simply. “Not my fault I missed you.”

Louis sat up but I remained in my original position. I felt someone climb off the bed and then I felt him rub my back lightly. “Go back to sleep, babe,” Louis whispered.

“I'm fine,” I mumbled tiredly. I attempted to sit up, but Louis wrapped his arm around my waist and fell behind me, holding me to him. “I can get up.”

“Go back to sleep,” Louis mumbled, kissing my shoulder. “We didn't get home until like four. Go to sleep.”

I stopped arguing and tangled our legs together. I sighed contently, a smile on my face as I fell back into a blissful sleep.