Chapter 4 "Where Are We"

Five months have gone by.
Luca is still with Shaylynn which everyone is surprised about since it seems he can only make it to three months and he splits from who he's dating or they split from him.

After all this time, Luca's parent's insurance company didn't come through with the money for them to buy a new house.

Saying that their house being bombed wasn't covered under their policy.

~~~~~~~

A huge furniture store truck pulls into the driveway.
The men get out and walk up to Shaylynn who's standing on the steps, "As you walk by, I'll tell you what room that piece goes into and where that room is located," she tells them.
They nod and walk back to the truck.
Over the next two hours, the guys take the furniture into the house.
After they leave, a box truck pulls into the driveway. Two men start unloading the boxes that are inside.
Once they're gone, Shaylynn puts the final touches on things.

An hour later, she takes out her phone to call Luca, "Hello,"
"Shift is almost up isn't?" she asks him.
"Yeah, ten more minutes as long as a call doesn't come in, why?" he asks.
"Stop by the house and pick up your parents. Then come to this address," Shaylynn says as she tells him where to go.
"Alright. Love you!" he says.
"Love you, too!" she says hanging up.

Forty-five minutes later, Luca is pulling into the driveway of the address Shaylynn gave him.
"Where are we?" Luca's Mom asks.
"Shaylynn said to come here," Luca tells her as he parks.
They all get out of Luca's truck and walk up to the door, "Does that doormat say Luca?" Carl asks as the door opens.
Standing there is Shaylynn smiling at the three, "Welcome home!" she says moving to the side so they can walk in.
They all walk in with Luca's Mom in the lead.
Shaylynn shuts the door behind them, "What do you mean by welcome home?" Carl asks her as he turns around and looks at her.
"This is your home," she tells him.
Luca's Mom turns around and looks at her, "But we can't afford this," Carl tells her.
"There's no mortgage payment. It's been done and bought. Home insurance and property taxes will be taken care of. All you have to worry about is utilities," Shaylynn tells them.
"You bought this?" Carl asks her.
"Doesn't matter who bought it, you need a home!" she tells him, "Go look around."
Carl and Luca's Mom walks off.
Luca walks up behind Shaylynn and wraps his arms around. He leans forward and kisses her on the cheek.
"Thank you!" he tells her, she turns around and looks at him, "This means the world to me."
Shaylynn smiles then kisses him, "Let's go look around," she tells him.
Luca grabs her hand, they take off to look around the house.