Chapter 9 "Sugar Daddies"

"Mumford?" Shaylynn questions, "Do you work here?" she asks him.
"I use to," Mumford tells her, "I saw Luca get out of the back," he says putting his hand out to help her out.
Shaylynn grabs his hand and gets down, "Uh, yeah about that," she says with Mumford stopping her.
"Don't worry about it! I won't rat you guys out. Now if I was still working here it would be a different story," he tells her.
Shaylynn smiles at him, "Shaylynn Dalton," she says extending her hand to him.
Mumford smiles and shakes her hand, "I was hoping you were going to say that," he says as they walk inside, "I've known Luca for a long time and he's not one to cheat."
"If you're retired, why are you here?" Shaylynn asks.
"I've been called in to help with a case," Mumford says as they walk to the briefing room where the others are.
Hicks looks over to see Mumford walking in with Shaylynn, "I see you two have met," he says.
"Yeah, we ran into each other outside," Mumford says looking over at Luca.
"Hey, Mumford," Hondo says, "So what's going on since Mumford's here?" he asks Hicks.
"This drug lord we caught decided he wanted to talk. He said that tomorrow night there's going to be a party where a few higher-ups that are above him are going to be," Hicks says.
"What does that have to do with having Mumford being here?" Rocker asks with Mumford looking at him.
"According to the guy, this party is full of OLDER men with younger women," Hicks says, "So Mumford will be going in with Shaylynn."
"Oh I see, this party is full of guys who are considered Sugar Daddies!" Street says.
Everyone looks at Street, Mumford smiles, "Just to have someone think I'm a Sugar Daddy is flattering!" he tells Street, "Especially having Shaylynn on my arm," Mumford says looking at Luca who's glaring at him, "Calm down, Big Boy!" he says to Luca.
"You two go in and find out who the top drug lords are, while everyone else is on the outside listening and waiting," Hicks tells Mumford and Shaylynn.
"So I'm protecting Shaylynn?" Mumford asks, Street and Tan snicker catching Mumfords attention, "What's that about?" he asks them.
"Shaylynn was in the Special Forces," Luca tells him, "So it's the other way around, she's there to protect you," he says smiling.
Mumford gets a surprised look on his face and looks at Shaylynn who has a big ornery grin on her face, "Holy shit! Luca isn't lying!"
"Be here tomorrow night around 7:30," Hicks tells Mumford, "And wear a suit."
"You got it!" Mumford says, "See everyone tomorrow night," he says and starts walking out.
"Dismissed everyone," Hicks says.
Luca walks over to Shaylynn, "Where did you run into Mumford?" he asks her quietly.
"He helped me out of Black Betty," she tells him catching him by surprise on what she said.
"So he knows I was in there also?" Luca asks.
"Yes, but he said he's not going to rat us out," Shaylynn tells him, "So that is the last time. I don't want you getting in trouble, alright," she says, Luca nodding.
"Have you decided what you're going to do with your place after we're married?" Shaylynn asks him.
"I figured I would give it to Street," he tells her, Shaylynn smiles at him, "What?" Luca asks.
"I think that's a wonderful decision," she says kissing him.
"Can't you two keep your hands off each other?" Shaylynn and Luca hear.
They look to the side to see Zoë standing there, "Filter, Zoë," Luca tells her as Shaylynn laughs, Luca looks at her.
"What? It's funny! Plus that's something Street would say," Shaylynn tells him, "Are you waiting on your Dad?" she asks Zoë, she nods at Shaylynn, that's when Shaylynn realizes she forgot something in the briefing room, "I'll be right back."
Shaylynn walks away leaving Luca and Zoë standing there, Zoë looking at Luca as he watches Shaylynn walk away, "Well, have you two come up with a wedding date yet?" she asks him.
"Next week some time," Luca says looking at Zoë.
"Next week?" Zoë asks surprised
"Yeah," Luca says with a huge smile on his face, "We're getting married and moving into a new house."
"Wow! Where's the house?" Zoë asks him.
Luca looks at her with a confused look on his face, "I'm not sure," he tells her.
Zoë laughs, "You don't know where the house is that you'll be living in?" she asks, "So you've never seen it?"
Luca shakes his head 'no', "Nope. I haven't even seen pictures of it."
Zoë starts laughing more, "What I know about Shaylynn it's not going to be small," she says as Shaylynn walks back over to them, "What's so funny?" she asks.
"I was laughing at Luca because he doesn't know where this new house he'll be living in is located and that he hasn't even seen it yet," Zoë tells her.
Shaylynn looks at Luca, "I thought I showed you pictures?" she asks him, he shakes his head, "Then why didn't you say something!" she tells him taking her phone out of her pocket.
She finds the pictures of the house and hands her phone to Luca. He starts flipping through the pictures as Zoë looks at them with him.