Chapter 15 "Come On Big Man"

"What's going on?" Luca and Daniel hear.
Luca turns around and sees Hondo walking their way.
"Luca here was threatening me," Daniel tells Hondo.
Hondo looks at Luca, "I made him a promise!" Luca tells Hondo.
"I'd say you're up to no good," Hondo says looking at Daniel.
"How do you get that?" Daniel asks.
"Because you're over here by Luca's truck, not the other way around," Hondo tells Daniel.
Daniel stares at Hondo then looks at Luca, "Remember what I said!" Daniel tells Luca pointing at him, pissing Luca off.
Daniel turns around and starts walking away as Luca starts walking after him until Hondo stops him, "Come on big man! He's not worth it!" Hondo tells him, "I have a feeling I know what this was about. Shaylynn loves you, not him! You two are married and expecting twins," Hondo reminds him, "Just let him act like an ass! Shaylynn gets wind of what he's doing, you won't have to worry about anything because she'll put him in his place. Alright?" Hondo says looking at Luca.
Luca shakes his head, "Alright," he says.
"Good! Now go home and be with YOUR wife," Hondo tells him.

~~~~

Arriving home, Luca sees a black van sitting in the driveway and goes into defensive mode.
Quickly putting his truck into park and jumping out, he draws his gun and runs into the house, "SHAYLYNN!" he yells then sees two guys he doesn't know.
"Don't move!" he tells them pointing his gun in their direction.
"Dominic! Put your gun away!" Shaylynn tells him walking around the two men.
He puts his gun down right away, "Who are they?" Luca asks her.
"This is Mack and Randy," she tells him pointing to whose who, "They're fellow Marines. They own a security company," she says as she looks at the two men, "Go ahead," she tells them.
They walk off to the kitchen.
"What's going on?"Luca asks as he walks over to her.
"I'm beefing up the security system," she tells him.
"Does this have to do with what happened?" Luca asks.
"Yes," she tells him, "With Kelly here and when these babies are born, no one will be able to break in."
"Where is Kelly?" Luca asks.
"In her room," Shaylynn tells him.
Luca pulls her to him when he notices something, he looks down, "You have a little bump," he says looking back up at her smiling.
Shaylynn laughs, "You didn't notice earlier when I dropped the towel and got into bed?" she asks.
"I was concentrating on other things," Luca tells her, "Wanna go and have a repeat?" he asks her smiling.
"While Mack and Randy are in the house?" she asks.
"Why not? I doubt they'll walk in after what just happened," Luca tells her.
"You can wait until tonight," Shaylynn says then walks off toward the kitchen leaving Luca with a disappointed look on his face.

~~~~~~~~

The next morning after a long night Luca wasn't expecting, he's finally making his way to the front door with Shaylynn following him.
Opening the door, he turns around and looks at her, she starts laughing at him, "You said you wanted a repeat," she reminds him.
"That was a repeat times five," he says pulling her close to him then kisses her, "I'll see you later," he says and walks out.
Shaylynn watches as he gets into his truck and drives down the driveway.
After closing the door, Shaylynn walks down the hallway to the kitchen.
Getting herself something to eat and drink, she walks out and heads to the living room.

Walking around the corner she stops and glares at the couch, "Damn it, Ray!" she says, "Can't you ever knock at the front door?" she asks him.
Ray smiles at her, "And where would the fun be in that?" he asks.
"I just had a new security system put in!" Shaylynn tells him, "How the fuck did you get past it?" she asks.
He gets a huge smile on his face, "I told you I can pass anything just like you."
Shaylynn rolls her eyes, "What do you want?" she asks.
"I have news on who tried to carjack you and that girl," Ray says.

Forgetting his bag, Luca quickly makes his way back to the house.
Walking in the front door, he hears Shaylynn talking than a male voice.
Quietly walking over to the living room he listens to what they're talking about.
"So who tried to carjack me?" Shaylynn asks getting Luca's attention.
"Daniel," Ray tells her.
Shaylynn gets a shocked look on her face as Luca listens carefully from the other side of the wall, "You mean he set the whole thing up?" she asks, Ray nods at her, "Why?"
"He wants you back. The whole thing was set up so he could swoop in and look like the hero recusing you but with SWAT showing up killed his plans," Ray tells her.
Shaylynn shakes her head not
believing what she's hearing, "Daniel is now working in SWAT with my husband," she tells Ray.
"Then he needs to watch his back," Ray says, "It's amazing how accidents have a way of happening."