Chapter 14 "What Happened"

Carrying Shaylynn into the hospital, an Orderly sees Luca and hurries over to him with a gurney.
Luca lays her down as a doctor rushes over, "What happened?" the doctor asks.
"She was being held hostage and wasn't given any water for two days," Luca tells him, "She's also pregnant with twins."
"Do you know her?" the doctor asks Luca as they rush her to a room.
"I'm her husband," Luca tells him.
"Do you know how far along is she?" the doctor asks as they roll her into a room.
"Three months?" Luca questions himself.
The doctor looks at him, "That's alright, I'll be able to tell with an ultrasound."
After rolling Shaylynn into the room the doctor tells the nurse to get her hooked up to an IV as he gets the ultrasound machine ready.
Undoing Shaylynn's pants and pulling them down a little, the doctor puts gel on her stomach then the transducer.
As soon as the transducer touches her stomach a heartbeat can be heard. He moves it a little and another joins the first.
"The heartbeats sound good and they're very active," the doctor says as Luca walks and stands behind him so he can see the screen, "They know their Daddy saved them and their Mommy."
Luca stands there smiling with a single tear running down his cheek.
After the doctor has cleaned off Shaylynn's stomach and the IV is in the doctor and nurse walkout.
Luca sits down on a chair beside Shaylynn waiting for her to open her eyes.
As he sits there his eyes start to get heavy with his body wanting to catch up on the sleep he has missed out on since Shaylynn went missing.

Luca's body jolts him awake.
Drawing his gun, he points it toward the door, "Dominic," he hears Shaylynn say.
"Hey, whoa big man!" Hondo says from the doorway.
Luca quickly puts his gun away when he realizes what he's done then looks over at Shaylynn.
Quickly standing up, he bends down and kisses her.
Shaylynn puts a hand on his cheek, "We're alright thanks to you," she tells him.
Luca looks over at Hondo then back to her, "It was the whole team," he tells her.
"How are the babies?" Shaylynn asks Luca with worry in her eyes.
"They're fine," he tells her grabbing her hand.
"How's Zoë?" she asks them.
"Deacon had her checked out, she's okay," Hondo tells her.
"She and I are going to have a talk," Shaylynn says.
Hondo and Luca both laugh, "Pretty sure Deacon has that covered. He tore into her pretty good," Hondo says.
"When can I go home?" Shaylynn asks looking at Luca.
"As soon as the bag of fluids is done," he tells her.
Shaylynn looks at the bag to see it's almost done then she remembers about Kelly, "Is Kelly okay?"
"She's fine. My parents are watching her," Luca says.
"I'll go out to the waiting area and wait," Hondo says, he turns around and walks out of the room.
Luca looks over at Shaylynn and sees tears running down her cheeks, he moves closer to her, "What's wrong?" he asks her sitting down on the bed beside her.
"I was so scared," she tells him, "Not for me but for the babies and Zoë."
Luca moves closer and takes her into an embrace. Seeing Shaylynn like this is really upsetting him.
He backs away and looks at her, "What did they want with you?" he asks.
"The one guy I would always see said that you were going to find out what it was like to lose someone close to you. That you've taken so many of them down," she tells him.
Hearing that really pisses Luca off and Shaylynn sees this, "Hey, we're alright. Don't think twice about those assholes! What they get they deserve!"
"When I come across any of them, I'll kill them!" Luca tells her.
Shaylynn looks at him concerned, "Hey, don't say that! You're an EXCELLENT cop! Don't you dare stoop to their level!" she tells him when the doctor comes into the room.
"Well, it looks like your IV bag is done. I'll get your discharge papers ready," he tells her and walks out.
After Shaylynn's discharged, all of the D-Team, Zoë, and her head back to Headquarters so Luca can get one of the Chargers and take her home.

~~~~~~~

Once the team is done debriefing Hicks, Luca makes his way back to the locker room where Shaylynn's waiting on him when someone bumps into him.
"As big as this corridor is, you have to bump into me?!" Luca says as he turns around to face Daniel.
Seeing that Daniel's Shaylynn's ex-fiancé, Hicks had him moved off the D-team and to a different one.
"You and your team need to be more careful using your last names around assholes like the Latin bangers!" Daniel tells him
"And what is that supposed to mean?!" Luca asks Daniel walking over to him getting in his face.
"YOU put Shaylynn in danger! This is all on you!" Daniel tells him as Luca moves closer pissed off.
"Is there a problem here?" Luca and Daniel hear from behind Daniel.
Daniel turns around, both he and Luca see Hicks standing there, "No, Sir!" Luca and Daniel both say in unison.
"Alright!" Hicks says, "Luca, go and take your wife home," he tells him.
Luca turns around, as he does he glares at Daniel then walks off toward the locker room.