8.

Carlisle tenses pulling the phone from his ear. His mate was in direct danger and his adoptive daughter in law was kidnapped under the same roof. Maybe, he was too soft. He should've chased and killed them.

His muscles flexed as he pulled on his pants. His perfectly pale abs flexing to give him strength.

"Carlisle?" Destiny's sweet voice rang in his ears.

"Am I too soft? Should I have killed them?" He asked. Her warm hands rubbed against his back.

"No. I like how reasonably you acted." She whispered. "It shows maturity."

"Maturity." He chuckled.

"Don't laugh at my word choice. You're probably 20 times my age." Her eyes fluttered closed at the coolness of his skin.

"I would never. Also, I'm only about 13 times your age." He whispered kissing her forehead.

"She's probably scared and hurt. I feel so terrible." Carlisle grabbed her hand securely rubbing it with his thumb to calm her.

"We'll save her, I promise."

"Bring her back safe." She added.

"Let's go. Emmett will be waiting for us."
----

"Where would he go?" Esme questioned.

"I see a building and blood... Lot's of it" Alice began sketching from her vision. Destiny watched.

"Oh my god. That's a hotel in downtown Seattle."

"Pretty far from where I saved Bella from those guys. About 2 hours from what my GPS says." Edward said reading Destiny's thoughts and putting the address in his phone.

"How did you know?"

"My father owns it..."
----

"Daddy!" Destiny cried in fake excitement.

"Hello, Princess. Haven't heard from you since you smashed your mother's wedding ring and called her a whore."

All the vampires covered their mouths to hold in their laughter.

"Yea... About that. My friend's daughter was kidnapped and I need the tenants of your hotel in Seattle for a investigation."

"Should've known. How's your police job."

"This is serious."

"I am as well. Is it so bad that we want a call every now and again? Your mother is worried sick."

"Is it so bad that you need to give me this information for an investigation? If you refuse then I will get a warrant." She said in a serious voice. She didn't want to speak about that wanton whore she called a mother. Dad didn't even know that she sold herself for money. Destiny found out the hard way. She had sent her away so she wouldn't have to pay the hospital fee.

"That could take too long." Emmett whispered. Destiny muted herself putting her dad on speaker.

"He hates the government. He's gonna crack because he hates government interference." She informed confidently.

"Fine. Meet me in the front. Tomorrow, it's midnight."

She unmuted "I'll be bringing some friends. I'll see you there."
---

9:00 am the next day

Carlisle led Destiny out of her seat.

"I got my gun." She whispered. Carlisle seemed surprised.

"A gun."

".50 cal. Got it from Charlie when I was 21 over a beer. He gave me my first beer and I gagged."