3. (BD)

Destiny woke up agin without her period. She was actually starting to become worried. It's never been this late. Early, yes. Late, not really.

Her head turned towards her nightstand and she grabbed the note that rested there.

At work. Esme should join you later.
~Carlisle C.

She smiled at his beautiful handwriting. It was like something out of an olden storybook. The font was perfectly suited for him.

She groaned as she began cramping. Her body tensed automatically as she turned over.

"I hate cramps." The human groaned sinking into the pilow.
-----

After an hour of self pity for her pain, she got up and skipped down the steps. Esme sat patiently on the couch waiting for her. It made Destiny yelp from surprise.

"Good morning." She greeted the vampire making her snap out of her thoughts.

"Yes, I wanted to talk to you."

"About...?" Destiny trailed off sitting next to her.

"Carlisle. He wanted me to talk to you about children." The human groaned at her words.

"Why me?" She whined.

Esme giggled, "Well, I'm not the one that requested this. Carlisle wanted me to talk to you, girl to girl."

Destiny blushed squirming, "It's kinda hard because you're his ex."

"Trust me. I won't tell him anything and I won't judge."

Destiny looked at her taking a deep breath, "I want a child with him."

Esme didn't seem that surprised from her statement. "You know that he can't give you one."

"I'm aware. I'm fully aware. I just can't stop thinking and dreaming about it. Everyone around me except you guys will have kids eventually."

Esme smiled, "I see kids every weekday. I can see the appeal of wanting to raise one. I, myself, was pregnant at one point."

Desting could feel the darkness looming around Esme, "What happened?"

"He died. Lung fever was a serious problem back then." Her eyes stared forward at nothing in particular like she was looking back into the past.

"I'm so sorry." Destiny whispered holding her.

"It's fine. I've come to terms." She leaned on the human.

"Maybe babies aren't all it's cracked up to be..." Destiny whispered curling up.

"Oh, Sweetie. I didn't mean to discourage you." Esme said quickly uncovering her face.

"It's fine, Carlisle doesn't want children anyway." Esme's eyebrow shot up.

"Who told you that?"

"Carlisle." Destiny's head tilted when Esme's shoulders began to shake with laughter.

"He's such a liar." She giggled almost falling off the couch.

"What?"

"Carlisle definitely wants children. He's just come to terms that he can't have any by normal means an he doesn't want a child to be put in danger."

"Oh..." Destiny felt her face grow hot in embarrassment that she didn't realize. The baby would be in constant danger if it hurt itself.

"No need to be embarassed. Baby fever can block logic. They're adorable and you'd love to watch a part of yourself grow up and learn." Esme explained Destiny's exact thoughts.