11. (BD2)

"Me, Nessie, and Jake are gonna go for a walk in the snow. Want to come?"

Destiny shook her head "I'm still adjusting. Thanks for the offer though."

"Ok. Come on Nessie." Bella called to her daughter.

Destiny read her book before looking at Aiden, who was watching Elmo reruns and practically absorbing the information like a sponge.

"Hey."

"Yes, mommy?" He asks in slight accent sounding similar to his father.

"You mean everything to me. My gift." She picked him up and laid him on her chest. He blushed and she smiled stroking his hair.

"Stop, Mama. I'm a big boy."

"You're only a few weeks old. You are my baby." She kissed him. The baby hybrid pouted.

"Nessie has a grandpa. Where is mine?" He asked curiously not knowing how much pain he caused his mother.

"He's not in my life because he ignored Mommy's pain. It's adult stuff that you wouldn't understand."

"Sounds boring. Why don't you forgive him? I wanna meet him so I can kick him in the face."

"Aiden!" She hissed in disapproval.

"Sorry..." He smiled sheepishly.
-----

"Dad, I wanted to introduce you to my adoptive son." She said relunctantly using the cover story Carlisle came up with.

"A son?" Her father asked over the line.

"Yes, his name is Aiden." She informed him. Aiden climbed on his daddy's back as Carlisle crawled on all fours. The boy waved his arm around like he was swinging a lasso. Destiny laughed thinking about Jasper as she looked back towards her phone.

"Your mother wants to see him."

Destiny's unbeating heart cried out in anger but she would do anything for her little man. "I'll grit my teeth and bear with it."

Carlisle looked up and Aiden held his hair as he crawled over to Destiny.

"I'll see you later today. At your place?"

"Old place. I sold it when I got married." Destiny stated. Her father sounded like he choked.

"When?" He asked stunned.

"When I got cured of my cancer by my husband. When I confessed that I loved him. When I said my vows." She said firmly.

"Wow..." Her father went silent for a moment. "I'm proud. I wish I was invited. Your grandmother and mother would've loved to g-" Destiny growled.

"Those women did nothing for me!" She said finally. "I have no desire for you or them in my son's life but he requested this. I would've never told you a word if he didn't ask."

Her father hummed in acknowledgement before hanging up.

Carlisle held his mate giving her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be there."

"I know. Can I just drain them?" She had to ask.

"No. You know how I feel about that." He chuckled grabbing his son before he could bump into the glass table.
-----

They drove to her old house with Aiden bouncing in the back seat. When they arrived, there was already a black suburban in the driveway.

Everyone got out at the same time. Carlisle opened the door for his wife and she stepped out. Her eyes felt uncomfortable with the contacts but she managed.