Prolouge

They kept making eye contact from across the club. She sat at the bar, looking around the club. She was definitely being stood up.

He had a parade of women near him, attempting to get his attention. They didn't know that the black haired beauty across the room had already captured it.

He saw her in here frequently. Well, not alcoholic level frequently but over the last month, she came in once or twice a week.

Some girl — Rebecca? Vanessa? — has just sat next to him when he stood. He took another swing of the bottle before chucking it to his friends. They didn't ask questions as they watched him leave the small comfortable area known as VIP.

She wasn't aware of him coming towards her as she ordered another drink. The bartender was flirting with her, so the free drinks kept coming.

He was cute. If she was bold; she'd definitely take him home.

She wasn't.

She'd been here for the past two hours. The first thirty minutes she thought; oh, maybe he's running late. Then the one hour mark hit and she didn't even care. She just kept ordering drinks. It wasn't even like she was being stood up by some random guy.

This was her best friend.

He said he would be in town tonight and wanted to meet. He was working on moving back since he'd finally finished roaming the world. He was ready to settle down and buy a house. The both of them planned to move in together, buying a nice house in the village of Pelham. 

She hadn't seen him physically in five years.

Now, she was being stood up on the night before six years.

The bartender slid her another drink, winking at her as he did so. He went to the next person at the bar. Briella's eyes wandered back to where she kept attempting to steal peeks from all night.

He was gone.

In his place was a brown skinned male with tight curls. He was sexy too.

Briella's eyes wandered the club, accidentally brushing herself against someone as she spun her chair.

She immediately went to apologize but her words got caught in her throat as she looked at the man in front of her. It was him.

"Sorry." He smiles, his intoxicated blue eyes making her squirm in her seat.

This man.. this man was sexy. His hair looked like he had put them in curls. His black hair was in loose curls. His hair stopped just above his ears, the top looked like he combed it back with his hand.

"Hi." She said, breathless. God really took his time with this one. It would be disappointing to find out he has a shitty personality.

"Hey. Enjoying your night?"

"Definitely have had better." She sadly smiles, raising her glass as if it was a toast. He smiles before ordering a bottle of pineapple vodka, coincidentally, what she had been drinking.

"Tell me how I can make it better." He says, leaning against the bar as he looked at her deep brown eyes. He could tell she didn't know he owned this club. She could tell that he didn't know she found him attractive.

He usually could tell. Woman couldn't keep their eyes off of him, but all he was worried about was the bartender and many other men in the room looking her way.

It... annoyed him.

"More drinks."

He smiled to himself. More drinks.