15.

NOAH HART

It was three in the morning when I got the call. Sebastian had fallen asleep on my chest and I didn't even bother to take him into his room. We had been out all day and as soon as our heads hit the pillow -- his to my chest -- we were out like a light. But, now, my phone was ringing. I had forgot to put it on the charger so it was only on about forty percent. 

I reach down, trying to hurry and pull my phone from my pocket without waking Sebastian. Sebastian stirs slightly, just as I answer the phone and press it to my ear. "Hello?" I say, groggily. I pull the phone away to see who called and instantly recoiled at the bright light. 

"Noah?" I could just hear the tears in Briella's voice, making me want to get up. Sebastian moves again, reaching his little arm up to my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." She cries and I feel my heart dropped. I had absolutely no idea of what to do and me not being in the same two feet vicinity as her was not making it any better. "Can you please just come here? I just need a hug and Nikolas is with Kaia and I just really miss my baby."

"Kaia?" I question

"Noah." She warns and I agree, now was not the time.

"Have you went to sleep yet?"

"No, I can't sleep. Your daughter has been restless all day. I can't keep anything down." She says. "Can I have hot chocolate? That doesn't have caffiene in it. I should be good, right?"

"You can have hot chocolate." I whisper and just as I finish my sentence, Sebastian sits up, rubbing his eyes and pulling at his shirt. "Daddy?" He speaks. 

"Is that my baby? Can he hear me?"

"Probably." I say as Sebastian peaks up at Briella's shrieks, reaching for the phone. "Mommy?" He asks and I pass him the phone, turning the lamp on my bed stand on and stretching out. Sebastian holds the phone to his ears, upside down, and yawns into the receiver. 

It was three in the morning and we had both been sleep since about eight. 

"I'm okay." Sebastian says as I throw a hoodie on over my shirt. I slip into some shoes and collect all of Sebastian's things, throwing them into the bag.  I look back, checking on him. He was now looking down at the phone, where Briella's face now reflected on the screen. "Hi Mommy!" 

I grab his pacifier and his yogurt melts, tossing them to him on the bed. I get out his coat and sweatpants, placing on the bed before telling him to stay there so I can brush my teeth and wash my face. He nods his head at me and I lazily run the brush through my teeth before rinsing with mouthwash and then washing my face. I go back into my bedroom to see Sebastian sitting in the same exact place, only this time he was attempting to pull the sweatpants on. He managed to push both of his chubby legs into one pants leg. 

"What'd y'all have for dinner? Do you want some hot chocolate? We have regular, white, peppermint, and toasted coconut." 

"You're allergic to coconut."

"What exactly is your point, Noah?" 

"You're allergic to coconut. That's my point."

"It could be Nikolas'." She retorts and I shake my head. "You're both allergic to coconut, Briella." 

"Anyway. I'll prepare Seb's so it'll cool down by the time you're here. Do you want any or not?"

"I'll take some peppermint. Thank you."

"We don't actually have peppermint but we had peppermint sticks so you just stir the hot chocolate with it and bam, peppermint." She says as I shrug Sebastian's coat onto his body. "That's fine. Is anything like seriously wrong that we should head to the hospital or are you just lonely?"