2.

NOAH HART
Love at first sight.

I never believed in the phrase.

Attraction, lust, at first sight was definitely real but love? How could you ever determine that you love somebody just from looking at them for the first time? It was completely stupid.

Love was more than just looks.

When you see someone for the first time, all you see is looks. Some would call this the attractiveness halo effect. This basically entails that because someone you see looks attractive, their personality must be attractive too. They have a pretty smile so they must be kind, caring, and extremely lovable.

Now that, I completely believed.

When my parents were together, they claimed that the first moment that they saw each other, all they saw was love. They said the world stopped and in that very moment, all they saw was each other. Nothing else mattered. They didn't care that when my father had stopped, the waiter accidentally spilled a plate of drinks onto him. They didn't care that my mother was with her boyfriend at the time. They saw each other and they fell in love.

Keyword: were.

They are no longer together. They spilt when I was seven, which was the exact age I figured that love was completely blasphemy. It wasn't real, it was just an excuse to have sex with anybody that you wanted to. I learned that just by saying I love you to a woman, her panties dropped faster than a woman's at a Trey Songz concert.

Back to my point. Love at first sight and love were two things that my brain could never grasp the idea of. People boasted on and on about love. I didn't get it. It's the same thing with being married.

People get married and divorce eventually, so why not save yourself the heartbreak?

I had seen what the heart break did to my mother. Why would anyone want to go through that?

My mother says that in the end, love is worth every trial and tribulation you go through. She still loves my father, although they've been apart for eighteen years — even though they've really been apart for twenty-two years. 

But twenty months ago, one moment made me change eighteen years of my stubborn opinion. I made the best decision of my life.

Yes, I made it completely intoxicated so to others it may seem like it was dumb. It exactly what I needed, though. Call it a wake up call if you will.

I had my fair share of women, I can and will admit that. Being the picky man that I was, not a lot of women matched the criteria I searched for in a women. I was particular about who I fucked and who I didn't. My mother made this so.

She is always saying 'I won't raise a man who wants to be with any and everybody. You will not be like that. You're too sweet for that. You're a gentleman.'. So I tried my best to not disappoint her.

That night, I didn't fuck anyone.

I made love to the absolute woman of my dreams.

Love at first sight, if you will.

While that night wasn't the first night I had seen her, it was the first night I decided to act upon my feelings. The previous nights I had saw her she was either with someone or she was dancing on the floor. But that night, I knew I was craving something more. I was craving the constant connection and attention between us.