5.

BRIELLA CARTER

The next day, at four forty in the afternoon, I find myself driving somewhere Noah sent me the instructions to.

I was wearing Nik's grey Nike sweats that I stole from him. I repeatedly told him I actually went out and bought my own but hell, these things were comfortable. Remind me to get him, or me, a pair for Christmas.

They just felt better when they weren't mine.

At exactly five o'clock, I pull in front of a large building where I automatically recognize as the adult indoor trampoline place. Nikolas, Marlon, and I used to sneak in all the time since Marlon had a girlfriend who worked her.

Once you got inside, it was basically everything a regular indoor trampoline place was but there were drinks and you had to be twenty-one or older to get in.

Just as I park, I get a text.

iMessage
received at 5:00 pm
from Noah
Are you here?

I'm typing back on my phone as I see him exit the building with the phone pressed to his ear. There's a noticeable frown etched across his face while his eyes dart the three cars in the parking lot.

For once, he wasn't wearing something fancy, but a pair of sweatpants and a matching black hoodie. His outfit was very similar to mine, color being the only widely noticeable difference.

His hair was a wild mess, as if he literally just rolled out of bed. You could tel other days he actually attempted to style it but today it was just wild and loose. The true definition of bed head.

It was sexy.

I turn the car off and exit just as I receive a phone call. I answer and climb out the car, immediately capturing Noah's attention. He spoke into the phone as he walked closer.

"You're late." He says, a blank expression on his face.

"Actually, I got here on the dot." I comment, securing the fanny pack I had around my waist. Noah steps in front of me before he could reply, making me pull the phone away and hang up.

"Hi, beautiful."

"Hi, Noah." I say, adjusting his hoodie strings. He thanks me for the small gesture before taking my hand and asking me how my day was.

"It was good. Sebastian learned a new word: no. Now he uses it to counteract everything. Mostly, I just napped really. How was your day?" I asked him as he clicks at his watch before stopping at the buildings front door.

"Fine, fine. I've been sorting some shit out all day. Okay, here." He breathes, pulling the door open. I can see the nervous smile on his face before he actually allows me to see the inside.

Instantly, I'm in awe as I see the main lobby transformed into a restaurant for one. There's a table with a bunch of rose petals surrounding it and lit candles standing atop the table.

The usual neon green colored lobby was now just a plain yellow — maybe they had just happened to paint it since the last time I've been here — and I could see the candlelight flickering off the walls. There were candles all over the room, along with rose petals that made me feel bad for whoever had to clean this up afterwards.