17.

NOAH HART

"Does this make my ass look fat?" Briella asks, and I dart my eyes between my laptop screen and her for a quick second. She'd been standing in the mirror for the last couple minutes, observing her body while I worked on my computer.

"Your ass always looks fat." I say and I hear her groan. My eyes wander to where she was lifting her shirt and looking at her stomach now. She lowers the flap, rolling her eyes as she quickly turned to look at me. As I dart my eyes again, I feel my head begin to slightly throb from moving my eyes too much.

She was nearing eight months (or was it technically nine?) and her stomach protruded more than ever now -- obviously. She and Sebastian have been at my place for the last week. Sebastian wasn't here right now but instead was with Marlon and their mother. Briella was back here because she says my bed was more comfortable than hers and she enjoyed speaking to me while she fell asleep. In the beginning stages of her pregnancy, she seemed invincible but now everything was catching up to her. She was tired more often during the day but during the night she turned into a vixen, clawing at my back as she climaxed, pushing her hands against my chest as she steadied her self on top of me. I fucking love it.

"You didn't even look." She says with a pout and I look back down to my laptop, finishing what I needed to finish.

"I've been watching you stand in the mirror with those shorts on for the past twenty minutes -- I didn't need to." I say, closing my laptop as Briella observed her body in the mirror again. I had actually looked but regardless of whether I did that very moment, I had been looked.

"Have I really? And, are you done?" She questions, looking at me through the mirror. I nod, feeling the familiar throbbing of my head return. I'd had this killer headache for days and at some moments it was worst than others -- like now. Even the light pooling in from one of my bedroom windows was making it worst. "Your head hurts again?" She says softly, her voice dropping to just above the whisper. I must have a pained expression etched across my face.

"I'm done and yeah. This stupid headache is back. Can you pass me the Advil off my dresser? Please." I say, closing my eyes. Just as I open them, Briella is warning me to catch, but relays the message two seconds too late. The large pill bottle hits me in my forehead as Briella ushers out a apology. I just close my eyes, letting the slight pain add onto the terrible headache I already had soak in.

"Are you okay?" She squeaks and I nod.

"Peachy." I muster, opening the bottle and pouring some into my hand.

"I'll get you something to drink." She says, exiting while I mutter a thanks. Briella returns, passing me a glass of water and a juice box. I graciously take the items from her, taking a sip of the water before taking the medicine."Sorry," She says again as I take the medicine. "You should go to the hospital, Noah."

I flinched slightly when she said my name, but I don't think she noticed. She hadn't called me Noah in almost two weeks. I had forgot she even knew my name. "What?" I question, looking past her to the mirror she was just standing at. The mirror displayed her backside, the shorts and sports bra bands visible. She'd been wearing less and less clothing lately because she couldn't fit so much of her regular clothes and she thought maternity clothes were uncomfortable.

"The hospital? You know that place you go to when you're hurt or extremely ill." She probes, sitting and crossing her arms underneath her breasts. I watch as they slightly rise with her movements. "It's a headache."

"You've had a headache for the last four days, Noah. You bought that five hundred pill bottle of Advil three days ago and you have less than a hundred left. Self medicating isn't working." She says, a frown on her face. I mentally counted the pills left in the bottle that I remembered. There was definitely more than a hundred -- but probably less than two hundred - fifty.