18.

back to our regularly scheduled program pls ignore typos there is probably loads in this chap

BRIELLA CARTER

"Are you okay? You've been a little quiet today."

"I don't think I have ever been more okay." I reply, pulling my lip between my teeth while Wyatt and Nikolas watched me carefully.

"Do you think you and Noah will get married?" Wyatt randomly asks, folding his hands and tucking them under his chin. I look up, thinking.

"I'm not sure. I definitely could see us getting married but will we actually?" That made no sense. I mean, I could see us being married. Being in a married couple lifestyle, you know. The whole two-kids-down-the-hall, bedtime-at-eight, ask-your-father, living-in-the-same-house, sleeping-in-the-same-bed type of thing. The exclusive relationship thing, being only about each other. I could definitely see it.

"If he has anything to do with it, you'll be married by August." Nikolas comments and Wyatt nods in agreement. They're right. Noah only mentions marriage twice a day.

"Do you see yourself getting married?" I ask Wyatt and he automatically looks at me as if I was crazy. Viciously shaking his head, he speaks. "Nope. If it's not Carmen, I don't want her."

"What about kids?" Nikolas asks and Wyatt's response is quick.

"Surrogate."

"So, you just have your whole life planned out, huh?"

"Indeed, I do. I don't need a partner to survive. I'll manage. Me and my daughter. But, if I ever do find myself in a relationship, believe that I am all about that person. If I am not with anybody, it's fair game."

"Aw, Wyatt wants a girl." I tease.

"Yeah, I do. You know whats funny? Most women I know want a boy, while most guys want a girl." Wyatt points out and Nikolas looks at me, smiling slightly because we just had this conversation with each other last night. Women always want a boy.

"Probably because everybody knows how problematic their own gender is." Nikolas says, picking his hand through his hair with a shrug. He had a point.

"Yeah, probably." Wyatt and I both say.

"Don't you think it's weird that there are people we will never meet? Hell, there are people that we stayed with for eight hours a day at school that we've never ever seen." Nikolas says, viciously shaking a bottle for his daughter. He looks back at me before placing it into the warmer. I nod my head, thinking about his statement. There were hundreds of kids I went to school with for four years straight, and I never saw some of them.

"Imagine how different life could be if you met one of them." I say, imagining just how different my life would be right now. I wouldn't be living in this house with my best friend nor would I have Sebastian. Those two alone are huge life altering events.

"Imagine how different my life would be if I didn't meet you."

"You know what I thought about the other day? We met the exact same way my parents met." I say, thinking back to the day where Nikolas was assigned to help me with a class. My parents met the same way -- one was helping the other with their chemistry.

"Minus the getting pregnant in high school part."

My eyes divert to Sebastian who began to whine as Wyatt snatched his pacifier away from his mouth. He threw his head back, kicking his feet from his high chair as he began to protest. Wyatt only quickly returned the item to his mouth before turning to me.