16.

BRIELLA CARTER

I close the door and I turn to go back to the kitchen, just to hear a knock on the door. What did Noah forget this time? I pull the door open, a slight smile on my face at his goofy expression. I roll my eyes, opening the door wider so he can come in but instead he stays on the front porch.

"What'd you just say?" Noah questions, a smile clearly spread across his face. I cock a brow, having no idea what he was talking about. I really don't know. What did I just say? I rack my brain for my memories from the last minute and come up short. I have already forgotten what I've said.

"Bye?" I question and he shakes his head, slightly laughing.

"Yeah, no. Try again." I watch as he pulls his lip into his mouth to fight the smile that was spreading.

"I don't know." I shrug, trying to figure out what I just said.

"I love you, too." Noah says, pulling me to him before pressing his lips against mine. My eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

Holy hell. I did just say I love you.

"Wait, I did- I, shit. Sorry." I ramble, not even realizing that was what I said. I'm so used to saying it when Noah came to pick up Sebastian or when Nikolas was leaving that it just came out when Noah was leaving.

We've only just started dating and I've already messed up.

"You don't have to apologize for speaking your feelings, baby." Noah says, pressing another kiss to my lips before backing away. It was as if he was reading my mind, proving every worry currently in my mind wrong. He looks down at his wrist before giving me a small frown. "I really need to go now. I love you."

"You, too. Bye." I breathe, still shocked from my earlier confession. Yeah, I already knew I love Noah and Noah knew I love him but for me to have verbally said it fro my mouth to his ears was just -- unexpected, on my part.

Wow.

● ● ●

Isn't weird how when you're a kid, you give your mom a crappy painting that you did in six minutes in your daycare center, and she'd hang it up with all the pride and pleasure in the world?

Then, as time goes on, she stops. It's more like your mom saying 'this doesn't make me proud, do better and get back to me'.

That's how it was being one of my father's children. I saw the pictures. He wasn't around much -- if at all -- but once upon a time, he showcased us all -- much like he is doing with Rosie.

Since he waltzed back into our lives, he tried to 'win' our hearts back with gifts, 'deep' and long meaningful talks. He started with Liam, instantly winning him over. Liam was always torn about not having a father. He wanted one to root for him at whatever sports game/meet he had this week. He wanted one to talk about that game winning point he made at the last second while they drove home. He wanted one to talk about 'guy' things with. Yes, he had Marlon and used his resources well but it's not the same when it's not your dad. Marlon wanted these things too, once upon a time.

I did too, but I got over that dream quickly. Why waste time missing somebody who didn't miss you?

"Briella?" A voice echoed, making me look up from Sebastian's hair and to the four sets of eyes looking at me, questionably. I blink twice, widening my eyes as a way to encourage somebody to repeat whatever was said.

"He said how is baby number two going?" My mother prompts and my eyes flash from my father to my youngest sibling. They look alike, a lot. Liam still looked the most like our father though. They were exact twins.