Chapter 1: In Boxes

"Come on, give me a hand." The image of Lex reaching out his hand fills Lena's mind.

Click-clank

Without hesitation she points her handgun point blank at the helpless villain.

"Come on Lena this is no time for theatrics." His faltering image pleading. "We both know no matter how much you despise me you're not ruthless enough to pull the trigger." But before he is able to finish his speech she had shot him twice in the chest.

The security camera videos of Kara flash in Lena's head. Lex's voice loudly rings. "Kara Danvers is Supergirl!"

And Lex's callous last words play back singed forever in her head. "I'm about to die, but at least I lived without ever being a fool. You're left with no one, and nothing." The face of her brother's lifeless face is permanent within her memory.

She killed her own brother. Just like a killer. Without feeling. Without sympathy. Without regret. All she could feel was nothing for him. Completely apathetic like a sociopath. Just like how she watched her own mother die at such a young age...

Maybe I am a psychopath like the rest of my family. She thought. At the moment she didn't feel bad at all for murdering her brother, and that's what is terrifying her.

Am I a monster like the rest of the Luthor lineage?

Lena sobs as she brokenly sips her finest scotch. Looking over at her picture with Kara and Alex. The Danvers Sisters. The one thing making her feel anything.

I've been betrayed by my very best friend? My friends have been lying to me for years. How could this be? How. How. How!

"How could this happen!" She shouts.

Staring out in the distance the tears fall on her cheeks. Feeling nothing but hate, pain and anger. Lena snaps, shattering the photo on her desk.

Boxes! Boxes! I must put these terrible feelings and horrific memories in boxes. I don't want to feel this anymore. It's all too painful. "Make it stop!" Lena abruptly grabs at her face, pulling at her skin, and wiping away her waterfall of tears. Collapsing onto the desk, Lena lays there unconscious.

Her new trauma, like the rest of her past, found a home in the intricate system that is Lena Luthor's mind. Creating the largest box to ever be buried in this woman's scarred mind. Buried so low in the ground, her conscious mind completely forgot the betrayal of lies. The truth Kara was hiding to protect Lena in order for her to have one true friend. For now her anger and hatred be suppressed by a mind breaking realization.