Chapter 13: Hypersonic Missiles

i literally don't know how this song matches exactly what i just wrote. i typed in missiles into spotify expecting nothing and 'hypersonic missiles' pops up. its weird but i kinda dig it tho, not a bad song.

————————————————————————

"How can you see through it, it's pure lead?" Lena is oddly stumped. "Lena, there is something going on with me, this being one of them. I'm not sure how to explain it. You can talk to Alex about it, okay?" Lena nods her head with trust. "Okay."

"She can tell you all the scientific details. But for now can I borrow the suit you made me for filtering Kryptonite?" Lena doesn't understand why Kara would need it if there is nothing going on in National City. "Yes. Why?"

"I have to go to the North Pole, it's where the Fortress of Solitude is located. I'll be on air force radars so I need something to wear incase that happens. Otherwise I'd have to go out and buy a ski mask or something." Lena laughs at the silly blonde. "Could you imagine me trying to convince a store clerk that I'm 'just going skiing.'"

They laugh together like times in the past when they were first becoming close. "In hindsight Kara, you are a horrible liar. I don't know how I never saw through your awful cover ups and slip ups. They are all coming to me now." Kara smiles as Lena hands her the suit. "Yeah, me neither." Lena comes up with one. "Oh like that one time you said you 'flew here... on a bus.' I just thought you were awkward and quirky."

"Well now you know." Kara swiftly gestures her hands like she is bowing. "I gotta go. Goodbye." Before Kara can even turn around towards the elevator she is anxiously interrupted. "Kara wait, when will you be back." Lena is thinking it would take her the amount of time if she were on a commercial plane, which is a long time. Lena will already miss her. "It takes me about thirty minutes to fly there. I should be back before the new suit is ready." Lena drops her jaw at her own dumb worrisome, she almost forgot that 'Supergirl' is able to accomplish feats like that. Her curious mind calculates the rate Kara will be flying.

She's super. Kara can fly faster than any man made air craft. The arctic is about two thousand and four hundred miles away. She said it can take her thirty minutes! That seems almost impossible!

"Kara, you can fly six times the speed of sound! That's incredible!" Kara nods her head. "Yeah, I know it's crazy and I can do a lot more than just that."

"For a second I thought you would be gone for the day. Fly safely." Lena places her hands on Kara's cheeks and gives her a moment lasting kiss. The kiss has the same amount of sentiment as a wife kissing her husband goodbye before going off to war. The elevator rings indicating that it is time to let go and the two slowly part their lips. Kara takes a step backwards onto the elevator but doesn't break eye contact with Lena's longing eyes. The doors begin to shut and the two wave back at one another.

Lena is not yet used to Kara doing dangerous things. She still feels an overwhelming need to protect her constantly. To her Kara is still the soft girl she knows and loves. The goofy reporter who always needed to run off to safety until Supergirl arrived. But truth be told, all along she was the courageous hero fighting to protect Lena and the city. There were times where she was fighting alongside her best friend in order to save who she thought was her best friend. Times where she was trying to help Kara but she was only holding the Super back due to her lack of knowledge. Kara put up through it all to protect her. She really understands now the amount of danger she could have been in knowing Supergirl's secret identity.

In Kaznia she was trying to tell me her secret after all the danger she was subjected to. I kept shutting her down and being over protective. She said it herself after I said the explosion could have killed her.