Chapter 10: The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn

i fucking love aurora's cover of nature boy so here is a sad and angsty chapter. romance time enjoy!

————————————————————————

Lena steps back. "How can this be? Kara Danvers, you're Supergirl?" Lena's voice and face have baffled written all over it. Kara softly speaks up. "Yes. I am." She puts her hand on her own neck and shrugs.

Lena looks towards the soaked heroine intensely. "Prove it, right now."

Lena does believe Kara. She just doesn't believe herself. Deep down she knew and the memories from Lex were phasing in and out of her head, but she could never trust that vile man. Kara being Supergirl makes more sense than anything in her life right now, and that's what she doesn't want to believe.

Even after all of that she doesn't believe me? What should I do? Ah hah!

"Here, feel where the bullets went through my shirt and ricocheted off of my skin." Kara grabs Lena's right hand and slides it across her shirt where the most hit her left side. "Wait there's still one there." Lena slips her hand under Kara's shirt, feeling for the smashed bullet on Kara's left abdomen. Lena's hand feels up the Kryptonian's brutally strong body until she locates the left over ammunition. Lena gently encloses her hands around the pancaked bullet and pulls it off Kara's solid bare skin.

"Aren't you going be my Superman and fly me home?" Kara remembers she's in civilian clothing and still doesn't know where her suit is. "I can't do that, I don't have my suit." Lena gives the unsuited hero an enticing look. "Well what can you do besides saving me from dangerous henchmen in an alleyway. Oh and crushing a military-grade weapon with your bare hands." Lena is still breathing heavily from her life being threatened earlier, but also from being intrigued by the sheer force of Kara's strength.

Kara just stares back as the rain covers Lena's face. She is able to see Lena's alluring face in the dark, causing herself to shiver. She can't help the way she is feeling in this moment for the woman in front of her. The woman she has saved and revealed a part of herself that she tells very few. It has taken her so long because of how much she trusts her best friend. Lena had revealed all too many of her own secrets it was about time she revealed her secret identity to Lena. The deep connection the two have made tonight is making Kara feel unbearably captivated.

Kara gently places her left hand on Lena's cheek wiping away the cold rain and then placing her right hand on Lena's hip in one swift move. Tilting her head in towards the woman she just saved, Kara whispers as she pulls Lena's body towards her own. "I can do this." Continuing the motion of her hearts desire, Kara places her lips onto the damsel.

The pair press their wet lips together in a new found connection. Lena is pleasantly surprised at all of this and that the woman she is in love with is in fact kissing her. Lena deepens the kiss on the Kryptonian, causing pleasure in the blonde. The pair readjusts their hands to comfortably continue the kiss in the cold rain. Lena leans towards Kara's body and slips in her tongue. This unexpected gesture arouses Kara. She hasn't had a kiss like this before, causing her to feel hot and light. The spark between them causes Kara to unknowingly levitate off the ground. Lena dangles her feet in confusion, pulling away from the kiss with Kara's bottom lip between her teeth. Lena looks down, now they are a few feet in the air. "You're flying. Oh my God we're flying!" Lena grabs onto Kara's body tightly as the rain continues to pour and the two giggle at the entire situation. Kara slowly flows down to the wet ground.

"We should probably go, those men will be waking up soon." Kara suggests, releasing Lena's tight grip off her body. Lena replies. "Right, well I'm pretty sure those were Lex's henchmen trying to get revenge on me. I know you'll protect me." Lena gives Kara a gentle goodbye kiss. Their lips softly touch for a moment, releasing painfully slow, and Lena walks to the street to get a cab. "Goodnight, Kara." As the taxi drives away Kara walks back to her apartment. Upon entering her loft she is completely soaked in and out, the rain never stopped.