Chapter 2: Buzz, Buzz, Buzz

It has been a long time since Kara could sleep without a care in the world. Knowing that everything is good, and evil has been defeated. After defeating Lex, The Children of Liberty, publishing her article on america's corruption, and saving the world from a nuclear war she was able to finally get some well needed rest. While she slept she dreamt of her nostalgic times working as Cat Grant's assistant. A common dream of her's tirelessly running an overwhelming amount of errands for her former boss.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

Abruptly that inner peace was interrupted by the loud sound of her alarm. It was definitely louder than she's ever heard it before, possibly because of how tired she was. Her body's reflex was to immediately smash it. There was no thought or hesitation. A mistake, because she'll have to buy another one. The last time she has done this was when she came into contact with Red Kryptonite. How peculiar. She thought.

Kara gets up to start her morning routine. No matter how much she would love to stay in bed all day. It's well deserved for her overtaxing work as both a reporter and a world saving super powered hero. But duty calls. 'Duty' meaning filling out more paperwork of course!

Kara walks into her bathroom and turns on the sink. Well, she breaks it. Kara's surprised face is met with a blast of cold water. Definitely not the most fun thing straight in the morning. That will probably wake her up more than any Noonan's cappuccino could do.

"Awe crap!" Kara quickly covers up the broken sink as best as possible. With it completely snapped she has no other choice than to just squeeze the piping to stop the water from flowing. That will probably cost me a lot, ugh. Maybe Alex knows how to fix a sink broken by super strength? Kara laughs to herself out of desperation.

Kara begins to put together an outfit for work. A pastel button up, black slacks, and a reporter's trench coat. Buttoning up her dress shirt over her Supergirl suit, Kara knew she was ready for work. The outfit was quite stylish for her new debut as an experienced reporter now. She's been all over the news and her article is the top story in America. Her article was a complete breakthrough. She was able to expose the biggest conspiracy in history.

I'm not sure what's more impressive. Being a world renowned reporter or saving the world from Superman's nemesis without him on Earth. Suck that Kal-El. Kara Danvers takes the cake! Almost literally as she eats a glazed donut on her walk to CatCo, viewing the hundreds of newspapers with her name on them. Looking up at the incredible skyscraper that is CatCo, with her hands on her hips, Kara takes in a deep breath, pleasantly sighing. Time to take on the world!

Walking towards the entrance, Kara grabs the door handle.

Grrrk

Hearing the familiar sound of snapping metal, once again this morning, Kara eyes down at the destructive sound made. "This poor steel door handle. Oh not again, what is going on?" Kara mumbles under her breath, passing through the entrance, hiding the metal handle behind her back. She then sneaks over to the elevator to seem unsuspicious to the front desk.

As the elevator starts Kara listens with her super hearing to see what's going on in the office. Specifically her floor. That's odd it's kinda quiet up there, what's going on? Did I miss a memo about a meeting?

The elevator doors slid open. Empty? Kara furrows her brows in confusion.

"Surprise!"

The entire office jumps out, raising their arms out, and shooting confetti poppers. Nia rushes over to hug her role model. Kara tries her best to hide the metal handle still in her not-so-sneaky Kryptonian hands.

"Woah there super, ease up." Nia whispers in pain to Kara during their more than just tight hug.

"What a surprise." Kara chuckles to her joke. "You guys are going to have a party all because of me?"

James pitches in "Yes Kara! Your work has greatly impacted this nation in a matter of minutes. Kara your article was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize! You saved the world as much as Supergirl did!" James gives his classic smile to Kara.

"Awe thanks guys, you didn't have to do all this. I can't believe I've made it this big. A Pulitzer Prize nomination, wow. I've come so far." Steadily walking to her desk Kara slides the entrance door handle into her trash-bin. That's not the first time I've thrown out something I've broke in here. She covers up her laugh with her hand and sets down all her paperwork. And then continues to hug her many coworkers, who she is grateful for.

"There are so many desserts I can't wait to fill my face with!" Kara enthuses as she shoves a cinnamon roll into her face. Engulfing it.

"Wow you have quite the appetite, Kara!" Nia exclaims in awe. "I guess you don't know me that well." Kara giggles and winks with a wide closed smile.

After taking a sip of her coffee, Kara swallows the rest of her sweets. "Who planned this all, this is all too much!"

"I did." Kara instantly recognizes a familiar sweet voice. "Lena!" Lena was walking over from a meeting room just to see Kara. "Why does it not suffice for National City's greatest hero? Well besides Supergirl, we can't all be super."

"Oh stop it." Kara chuckles and shrugs, trying to hide her reaction to the mention of Supergirl. "No, no it's perfect, Lena. Thank you so, so much. It's wonderful."

"Anything for my most favorite person, and the most talented and brave journalist I know." Lena opens her arms to give Kara a heart melting hug.