Chaper 7: While My Lady Sleeps

the last chapter was pretty angsty huh? time for fluff as well :) also if have caught referenced quotes from the show kudos to you!

————————————————————————

Feeling the soft morning sun rays caress her Kryptonian skin, Kara begins to wake up, opening her eyes to the sleeping elegant beauty in front of her. Lena lay calm and peaceful as Kara watches over. There is no use for the shining sun for it seems the lady may never wake. Kara moves back some strains of the brunette's dark, smooth hair. Contemplating the transaction that occurred last night, and the feelings she now has to face. One kiss did it all, and it was enough for the blonde to wonder relentlessly and to cause her heart to pine. The deep feelings she's never noticed she had for Lena were seeming to formulate and show themselves. Kara impatiently waits for Lena's green eyes to open. The anxiety builds up within the heroine, worrying what she should say while her lady sleeps.

Should I even tell her what happened last night? What does this all mean. What do I say when she wakes up. What if she remembers.

But the panic is all over once Lena begins to shake and murmur. She creates sounds of distress, as if someone is attacking her in her dreams.

"Kara...no. Don't hurt her. Stop." Lena mumbles and flinches after each word. Finally Lena screams out "No!" waking herself up in fear. Kara grabs onto the trembling woman.

"Shhh, it's ok I'm right here Lena. Don't worry. I'm safe. And I'm not going anywhere." Kara says as she rocks Lena back and forth in order to calm her quivering.

"They were dragging you away. Lex's henchmen. It was awful." Lena begins to sob into her cupped hands, and Kara pulls the woman into her chest.

"It's ok it was just a dream. Lex's men can't hurt me anymore, or you for that matter. I will protect you." Kara consoles the broken girl until she is no longer startled. Lena begins to sniffle, giving a sign that she is better.

"Hey I can make you pancakes and you can stay over until your hangover feels better. I'll go get you some painkillers and water. Stay here." Kara gives her the glass and pills and walks to the kitchen to make pancakes.

Lena stays in bed for a couple of minutes until she is ready to head to the delicious smell in the kitchen. "Hey, you made it, here's a freshly squeezed cup of orange juice." Kara grabs onto a plate and breathes in the smell of her finished pancakes. "Yum, and here is your very own stack of buttermilk pancakes!"

"Thanks, this looks delightful Kara." Lena puts a bite into her mouth and gasps. "This is amazing. Pancakes must be your specialty." Kara smiles while holding the spatula in both hands. "Gee thanks. They must be my only then?"

"Hey why aren't you as hungover as I am?" Lena says with aggravation and Kara shrugs. "Oh me? I didn't drink as much wine as you did after the game. I stopped once we won. Ha ha, what do you remember last from last night?"

"Well let me recall... we won due to my brilliance, everyone went home and then bits and pieces from some old movie. I guess that's it, why what happened?"

Kara cuts into her own pancakes and chews. Flushing it down with her orange juice in order to speak. "Nothing, oh nothing just you were really drunk and crying. I told you a story about my past and why The Wizard of Oz was my favorite movie." Lena rubs her eyes trying to remember. Quickly opening her eyes Lena's neurons fire and remember. "Yes, yes, your family died when you were young and you moved and everything was new and different. I remember. Oh my God I'm so sorry Kara I can't believe you had to live through that."

"It's fine, I'm fine. The past is the past. How are you feeling now?" Kara assures her that she is emotionally okay from past trauma. "I'm better under your care." Lena sniffs her breath, "Oh what were we eating last night, my breath smells horrible." Kara chuckles at her proper friend. "Well I guess you really were wasted. We ate cheese and crackers."