Percy POV

We didn't meet up for the rest of the week, but we constantly texted each other.

I had asked him about whether he would be ok with meeting mom and he agreed, so my mom was excited about that. The plan was for him to come over for dinner on Saturday, and we could watch a movie in the living room afterward.

It was 6:30 ish when there was a knock on the front door to put apartment.

"Percy, can you get the door?" Yelled my mom from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I got it," I responded back. 

I opened the front door only to see Nico looking as though he were about to knock again. 

"Oh, hey," he said nervously. 

"Hi." 

I just stood there taking his appearance in. He wore a blue short-sleeved shirt, and a pair of dark blue jeans. His shaggy black hair was tied back in a short pony-tail. 

Probably noticing me looking at him, he shifted uncomfortably and glanced down. "I-uh thought all black wouldn't make a great first impression," he looked up with wide eyes. "Does it not look good on me?" 

"N-no, it suits you. You look nice," I stuttered out with a slight blush. Although he was my friend, it didn't stop me from noticing his attractiveness. 

"Oh, um, come on in," I stepped aside and he stepped inside, his shoulder brushing against mine. 

"You must be Nico!" exclaimed my mom. She was wearing a floral printed yellow knee-length dress. She set down the last of the dinner plates and rushed over, wrapping a helpless Nico in a tight hug. 

"H-hi Mrs. Jackson," he said nervously. 

"Please call me Sally," said my mother with a warm smile. 

"Thank you." 

A bell went off in the kitchen. 

"I better go get the dinner out of the oven,"' said my mom already making her way towards the kitchen. "Make yourself at home," she called out. 

Nico looked around until his stare fell on me. "Well, she seems nice," he said cracking a smile. 

"Yeah, she is," I said smiling softly. "Well, wanna sit down? Mom's bout to serve dinner."

He nodded and sat down in one of the chairs; I sat next to him just as my mom stepped out of the kitchen with a platter of roast beef in her hands. She set it in the center of the table and sat down since the rest of the side dishes were already on the table. 

We all filled our plates and started eating.

"This is delicious Mrs. Jacks- I mean Sally," said Nico. 

"Why thank you. Percy helped out a bit too; he's not so bad in the kitchen." 

He glanced at me, obviously amused. "He can cook?" 

I glared at my mom before answering. "I can cook the basics. Enough to live, but I don't cook fancy stuff like this," I motioned towards the food in front of us. 

"What about you, Nico?" asked my mom. 

Nico set down his fork. "My mother, she met my father in Italy where my sister and I were born. She used to always have us in the kitchen with her, so we both picked up some skills from her," he smiled softly at the memory. "Most of the dishes I can cook are traditional Italian ones."