Percy pov

It was around three in the afternoon when I got a text from the dark-haired boy. 

Nico

Hey u busy? 

Percy: 

Not atm why

Nico:  

It ok if I call? 

Percy: 

Yea go ahead man

A few seconds later Nico's caller ID flashed on my phone requesting for me to accept the call. 

"Hey, what's up?" 

I asked as his face appeared on the screen. 

(AN/ So sorry this wasn't clear, but they're ft or whatever 'cause why not. Therefore video calling or whatever.) 

"Not much," he answered running a hand through his hair. 

"What the doctor say?"

"Getting right to the point, now are we, Jackson?" He said with a small smirk. 

I just rolled my eyes and smiles at him. "Doubt you'd call me to see what I was doing." 

"Well that's not very nice of you, Mr. Jackson," he said with a fake shocked expression. 

"Yeah, yeah. Coming from the guy that poured ice all over me this morning," I glared at him.

"Whatever, Jackson," he smirked.

"Well, what's up?"

"Uh, you know the usual shit of life, same ol' same ol'. Hey, I heard there's a fair or whatever somewhere near here. Wanna go?"

"Really? You call me to invite me to a fair?"

He frowned, "Well I mean you know I can call someone else...."

"No!" I quickly answered, "I mean, yeah I'll go, I was just a bit shocked, that's all." 

"Yeah, sorry then. Was just asking." 

"Well, when's the fair gonna be?" 

"Uh, I think in a few days. Maybe Wednesday afternoon...? I'm not really sure, but I'll look it up and send you a screenshot of the information later." 

"Alright, sounds great. But other than what're you doing?" 

He frowned, "Listening to Seph rant 'bout shit over the phone." 

"Why?" 

He sighed, "'Cause of shit. That's how life is. But what 'bout you?" 

I looked around. "Not much. Just in my room." 

He nodded. "Seems nice."

~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We talked for another hour before his stepmother barged into his room with an angered expression. She wore a camo T-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. Although their faces were nothing alike, their dress-ware was similar. 

"Shit, uh, I'll call you back? I dunno. Bye, Jackson," 

He hung up the phone and my phone immediately shut off. 

"Damnit," I sighed. "Phones and their non-lasting long battery." 

I plugged in my trashy phone and plopped down on my bed; hoping sleep would wash over me for a quick nap.