Narrator pov: 

By the time Sally made it back with Paul, it was about 8:30; Nico and Percy were already on their second movie, Finding Nemo, in which Nico had reluctantly agreed to watch. 

"Hi, boys," said Sally tiredly. 

"Hi Mom, hey Paul," said the green-eyed boy. 

"Hi Sally," said Nico respectfully. 

Paul gave his wife a questioning gaze as they engaged in a silent conversation. 

"Nico," said Sally, "This is Paul. Percy's stepdad. Paul, this is Nico di Angelo."

 Percy paused the movie as Nico got up and shook Paul's hand. 

"Pleasure meeting you, Nico," said Paul. 

"The pleasure's mine Mr.-" 

"-Blofis. But please, call me Paul." 

"Will do." 

As Nico engaged in a small conversation with the brunette in the room, Paul walked over to Percy and gave him a pat on the back before whispering in his ear. "You got him to watch Finding Nemo with you?" 

He gave a slight nod. 

"He's a keeper," said Paul with a grin. "I expect an RSVP for the future wedding." 

The green-eyed boy's face flushed red as he lightly punched his step-father in the stomach. 

"Paul!" 

The grin only grew bigger. "Denial is the first step." 

 Paul was the second person Percy had ever told about being gay; and thankfully, he took it quite well. 

He gave Percy another pat on the back and walked away just as Nico plopped back down beside the flushed boy. 

"Well," Nico sighed and glanced over. "I'm not even gonna ask what's got you all worked up." 

He grabbed the remote and pressed play. 

~~~~~ 

Percy turned off the movie and glanced down at the DVR's digital clock. It read 9:10. 

Nico frowned at it, almost as if he were willing it to move; but despite his efforts, the clock stayed the same. 

"It's getting kind of late," he said with a sigh. "I think I should get going." 

"You sure? You could probably stay here," offered the other boy. "I'm sure I could ask my Mom." 

"Ask me what?" She emerged from her room, already heading towards the kitchen. 

"Well, I was just telling Nico how you wouldn't mind him staying the night. It's getting kinda late for him to leave right now." 

She contemplated it for a minute as she made herself a cup of coffee. "I suppose," she nodded. 

His face lit up, "Really? Great! let me just ask..." he trailed off. "A-Are you sure it wouldn't be too much to ask?" 

She made a face and shook her head. "Don't worry about it, honey. I'm sure you can stay in Percy's room." 

He nodded and took his phone out of his pocket. "Let me just call her and ask her if it's ok." 

After a few seconds, he was on the line with his stepmom. "Hey, Seph, I was wondering if I could stay over at Percy's for tonight. Y'know, 'cause it's getting kinda late out."