10

Percy's pov

Monday and Tuesday passed in a blur. School was the same ole hassle of stress, but at least Nico was there to lighten the blow. Every day after school, the best thing I had to look forward to was video chatting with Nico and my Mom's blue cookies. 

By the time Wednesday came rolling in, my ADHD was beyond its usual level; my mind was no longer in school but at the thoughts of the fair, later this afternoon flooded my brain. 

"Mr. Jackson! Please pay attention!" I lazily glanced at my teacher and sighed. 

"Yes, Miss." 

Sighing once again, I nestled my head in my folded arms and drifted my thoughts away from this hell-forsaken school. 

~~~~~ 

"Hey, Jackson," said Nico over the phone. 

"Hey, what's up?"

"Are you at your place yet?

"Uh, no. I'm almost there, though. I'll be there in about five minutes." 

He sighed. "Alright then. See ya then."

The line went dead and I placed my phone in my pocket. 

It was mostly a silent walk back, except for the every once in awhile lyric break-out I had. 

Rounding the corner, I broke into a slight jog towards my apartment complex and dashed up the stairs. Taking out my keys, I turned the knob and opened the door only to be welcomed by laughter. 

"Hey, Jackson," called out Nico's voice. 

I turned around and surely there he was: 

Sipping whatever was in his cup, he had a slight smirk coating his face. 

"H-hey," I said warily as I threw my bag on the couch. 

"Oh, Percy," said my mother. "Nico was here waiting for you to get back from school, so invited him something to drink," she winked without him noticing. "Don't worry. He hasn't been waiting long." 

"You know what?" I exclaimed a little louder. "I'm gonna go take a quick shower before we leave," I turned towards Nico. "You mind waiting a bit longer?" 

He shrugged. "I'm ok either way." 

I nodded. "Great. Wait here then." 

Speedwalking back to my room, I chose a casual enough outfit before heading towards the bathroom, discarding my clothes on the floor and hopping into the medium warm shower. 

~~~~~ 
narrator:

After a quick shower and change of clothes, Percy walked towards where Nico was still sitting.

"Ready?" said Percy.

Nico raised an eyebrow with a slight smile tugging on his lips as he nodded.

"Cya, Sally!" called out Nico.

"Bye, Mom!"

"Be good you two!" She she responded from where ever she was before Percy shut the front door.

"So how far away is the fair?" asked the tanned boy.

"'bout half an hour away."

"half an hour?!" Percy repeated bewildered.

"Yes, Jackson," he smirked. "Borrowed Seph's car for the afternoon. Don't think she'll mind though," pulling out a key chain out of his pocket, he started walking until he arrived in front of a black 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata convertible.

"Get on," said Nico unlocking the car. "I'll drive."

AN// hey to whoever is still reading thisssss 

so, thanks for you guys to being patient. I know where I'm going with this, don't worry. I'm only a little crazy.

anyways so ice been on vacation this week so this chapter didn't really follow my non-existent update schedule.

oh well so starting school soon so updates sill be super slower if i don't finish by then :(

anyways thanks and have a good rest of your guy's say