6/Six: The Village Witch [JisooXTaeyong]

Bzzz

Bzzz.. Bzzz.. Bzzz..

A hand came out from under the blanket and reached for the clock lying on the bedside table, turning off its alarm. After turning it off, the figure under the sheet kept still and unmoving until she abruptly sat up from her bed, her eyes widely open with excitement.

"Finally!" Jisoo cheered loudly, jumping out from her bed.

Jisoo quickly run out from her room still dressed with her night gown. Her pet dog, Dalgom came running after her. Jisoo came down the stairs looking for someone until she reached their kitchen and found her mother stirring something inside a pot.

 Jisoo came down the stairs looking for someone until she reached their kitchen and found her mother stirring something inside a pot

"Oh, good morning Jisoo! What's wrong honey?" Yoona asked.

"Mom! Today's the day!" Jisoo squealed.

"Huh?" Yoona looked lost.

"Today's the day that I'll leave this place mom! Today's the day that I'll become a Village witch!" Jisoo exclaimed, clapping her hands together with so much glee.

A witch. Jisoo and her mother, Yoona are both witches living somewhere in Jeju Island. During the early 2000s, witches still exist in Korea but were found slowly decreasing in number and so, they came up with the idea of sending a sole witch per village or city. A witch in training will be able to leave for her assigned Village when they reach their Divinatory Age (around 14-18 years of age).

"Oh my. Is it today already?" Yoona seemed to be troubled, just thinking about her daughter leaving.

"Mom! We already talked about this matter years ago! I'm already 16! I only agreed to stay behind for 2 years as for your request mom. But today's the day that I have to leave! I'm all ready!" Jisoo whined.

"Fine! Fine!" Yoona chuckled. "Then let's see what village you're going to be assigned to."

The both of then proceeded towards Yoona's private room where she do all her witchcraft. She sat on the table and ushered her daughter to sit across from her and so she did. They found themselves staring on a clear crystal ball lying on the table between them.

"Now put your hands on the ball, dear." Yoona ordered.

Jisoo hands then went to place themselves on the crystal ball and it suddenly lit up and the Ball became foggy until she saw a picture of a village inside it. Jisoo's eyes widen in amazement by the view of the wide ocean and the large village just beside it. The images on the crystal ball suddenly change and Jisoo saw the thick forests on the other side of the village. Then the image changed again and saw the village people ad Jisoo noticed that most of them looked fancy that she couldn't help but be mesmerized by the way they dresses.