9/Nine: The One that Got Away [JisooXJungkook]

A girl was running hurriedly away from her captors and stumbled a few more times until she reached an excluded and abandoned castle in the middle of the forest

A girl was running hurriedly away from her captors and stumbled a few more times until she reached an excluded and abandoned castle in the middle of the forest. She didn't think twice and went inside the old building in order to hide.

"Find her and don't let her get away!"

Jisoo trembled behind the closed door of one of the rooms in the dark castle, thinking that her captors would finally find her. She could hear loud footsteps nearing her and she was sure that they would finally catch her but they weren't able to open the door to where she was in. It remained silent until Jisoo finally decided to stand from where she was crouching and reached for the knob, thinking about peeking.

"Ahhh!" Jisoo shouted when she got pushed back by the door which got kicked open.

"There you are." A guard fully clothed in armor stared at her victoriously. "Now let's go back quietly or I'll make sure you'll go back with one of your fingers missing. I'm sure the prince wouldn't mind it as long as your pretty face is untouched." He threatened.

Jisoo's eyes watered as the guard took a step towards her with his sword pointing to her. Jisoo could only close her eyes, waiting for the sharp point of the sword to struck her but a loud thud was heard and the next thing Jisoo saw the unconscious body of the guard on the floor and three figures standing around him while another figure was on his knees just in front of her.

"Who— who are you?" Jisoo mumbled as she fought back the unconsciousness taking over her.

"Rest assured because you're safe." The young man stated. "Don't be afraid to close your eyes, my lady. Take a rest if you like to. I'll be right here to watch over you."

Jisoo found herself getting relaxed by the soothing voice and finally let herself fall into a deep sleep.

***

Jisoo woke up in the middle of the night. She jerked and eyed her unfamiliar surrounding and remembered that she was being hunted down by the guards from the Black Kingdom where she came from. She was supposed to marry her distant cousin, the prince Hyunbin of the Black Kindom. Jisoo couldn't do it for she wasn't in love with him but the young prince wasn't having it at all and forced to have a secret ceremony. Jisoo found out about the secret marriage and decided to ran away.

"I have to get out of here." Jisoo whispered to herself. "What is this?" Jisoo realized that she was wrapped in an expensive looking robe but there wasn't anyone there with her so she decided to stealthily get out from the room.

Jisoo navigated the empty castle, looking for a way out. She suddenly thought about what happened to her before she lost consciousness but all she could remember was the four blurry figures she thought she saw and the fact that she was wrapped warmly by someone else's clothes. Jisoo was sure that some unknown people was also around the supposedly empty castle and she wasn't sure if they're bad people so she needed to get away from there as soon as possible and without them noticing.