Chapter 14

Chapter 14

~~~~~~~~

I woke up early to get ready and thought to head to the office well in advance to finish my pending work before the gala party started today at 4. With the help of Keerthi ofcourse, I was able to glam myself up a bit.

She gave me a dress from her wadrobe and to say I loved it would be an understatement. Nonetheless, her taste was simple yet elegant and thats what I loved.

It was a deep maroon coloured strapless gown, which had white studs as a detailing at the neck, for emphasis to the neck. It was pretty and fit me perfectly hugging my body at the right places. It seemed like a pretty modest dress, considering my legs werent visible. It was strapless, yes, but the neck wasnt too deep. Whew. To complement the studs on the neck I also put on matching white studs as earrings.

Keerthi did my make up and gave me a bold yet natural look. She thought I would look, and I quote, "like a queen" if I put my hair up in an updo. So thats what she did, a neat updo!

After she was done with my makeup I was pretty impressed. "Omg I love the smokey eye look! Thank youu keerthi!" I gave her a side hug. My best friend was the best and definitely a perfectionist.

Finally I looked at my full length mirror after I wore my gown. The kind of make up keerthi did totally complimented my gown.

"He will be impressed." She teased. And I certainly knew who she was talking about.

"I am sure he doesnt look at me in that way." I tried to reason. "I just hope I dont look extra done up or underdressed."

"Come on Aish, you dont look either! You are looking perfect! And if the guys dont stare at you open mouthed at the party, then I give you permission to change my name forever." She said proudly.

"Hmm then I gotta think of something. What can the new one be? Champa?" I laughed and she just glared at me.

After a while of hanging out with Keerthi and a few touch ups here and there to my hair and face, I headed to the office. It felt weird working in my cubicle wearing this gown and this kind of heavy makeup. It is so much more than what I wear to office on normal working days. Atleast there wasnt anyone around. Only our old watchman who was a friendly old man.

I was deeply concentrating on typing and stood up to go to the printer room to get a print out of a document when I heard someone clearing their throat right behind me. I turned around in a swift movement and hit the hard body standing there and almost fell backwards because of my heels. Thats when he bent down as fast as he could caught my waist. It was Kamran.

He kept his hold tight on me and I just stared at him surprised and shocked. All different kinds of feelings were going on inside my heart and couldnt quite decipher them. We were really close and my heart beat sped up. Apparently my hand was on his chest and his heart was beating fast too. Was it because of me? It was almost like a cliche scene from a movie. Since when did my life become as good as it is in movies?

I noticed he was wearing a white suit with a black tie. And his hair was gelled. Gosh he looked good.

I realised the close proximity between us. It was a charming moment but I knew I had to draw my lines and boundaries. He is my boss! My hot boss. Ugh but still my boss!

"HI! You scared me!" I said surprised, breaking our staredown. He quickly moved his hand from my waist and I stood straight.

He chuckled. "Sorry, dint mean to. What are you doing here at the office when you should be at the party?" He asked slightly disapppionted.

"Oh, I just thought I could finish off a little of my work before its 4 oclock." I said looking at the watch and realised it was 4:10. "Oh." I felt embarrassed. I was so caught up in my work I dint even realise the time.

"Yeah." He said amused. "I was waiting for you in the banquet hall when I realised I had forgotten to take your address to pick you up." Wait, he had actually thought of picking me up? Like an actual guy who picks their date up kind of picking up? "So I called your friend and she said you already left." And, he has Keerthi's number? When did that happen? "I need your number for next time okay?" There's going to be a next time? "So I found you here, the place that I least expected you to be, especially today."

He finished and was waiting for me to respond but me being me was so caught in trying to find the answers to all the questions arising in my head, just fiddled with my fingers for a while.

"Uh, sorry. Sorry to keep you waiting." I gave an apologetic smile.

"So, shall we?" He offered his hand to me grinning from ear to ear.

I smiled shyly. "We shall." And I took his hand, ignoring my heart which was still pacing at a fast rate. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- THIS CHAPTER WAS INITIALLY LONGER, BUT I SPLIT IT INTO TWO FOR A FASTER UPDATE :)

HOW DID YOU LIKE THE LITTLE MOMENT BETWEEN AISHA AND KAMRAN? WE SHOULD PROBABLY THINK OF A SHIP NAME FOR THEM.. HMMM.

COMMENT AND VOTE!

HOPE YOU ALL ARE GOOD,

PINKPEARL. x