Chapter 15

Chapter 15

~~~~~~~~

Once we were at the party, there were a lot of men and women looking like the most elegant people on the planet. Men were dressed wearing neat suits with bow ties, and the women wore gowns and dresses. Everybody also looked extremely rich. I am glad I chose to wear this gown!

"Btw," As we were walking, Kamran pulled me closer to him and whispered in my ear breaking my line of thoughts, "you look beautiful tonight."

My stomach did a major back flip. I thought he did not notice me at all.

I blushed and suddenly felt nervous. I hope it wasnt too obvious. "Thank you." I smiled. "You look pretty too- i mean- handsome- i mean, nice! You look nice too." Great, now he knows I am nervous. Way to go Aisha!

He chuckled. "You are cute when you are nervous. Sweet Aisha." He almost only mumbled the last part. It felt weird him saying that. Like good weird. But weird nonetheless. As if I had heard him say that to me already earlier.

I wanted to retort back about the nervous part but just then a couple walked towards us.

"Hello Kamran! Busy these days huh? Congratulations on your successful company." An elderly man suited elegantly said to kamran. "And who is this gorgeous lady?" He smiled at me.

"Hello Roy uncle! Thank you so much. Oh, this is Aisha, she is.. my friend." Kamran told him while looking at me smiling.

Friend? I was preparing myself to listen to him tell that I was an "employee." Which would have been embarrassing. I have to thank him later about this.

"Oh btw Aisha, these are one of my best friend and bussiness partner, Adi's parents."

"Hello. Nice to meet you." I said.

"Ohh, just a friend beta?" The elderly lady smiled at me, probably Mr. Roy's wife spoke this time. "She looks so pretty, you know?" She said looking at me with admiring eyes.

"I know Aunty, I am a sad human being, arent I?" Kamran said faking sadness.

What! Is he flirting with me? What is wrong with him? He is supposed to be my boss.

"Thank you Aunty. You look really gorgeous too." I said trying my best to look like whatever Kamran said did not effect me at all. But who am I kidding? My stomach performed all sorts of flips!

After a while Kamran gave his speech thanking everybody who came and introduced his bussiness partners to all of us. I excused myself to go to the washroom and on my way back and saw a familiar face.

"Aditya?" He turned around and my guess was right afterall.

"Aisha! What are you doing here?" He looked as surprised and excited as I was. I was pretty excited to find someone I knew. Atleast I have someone to talk to now instead of just sticking around with Kamran. Not that I was complaining about that. I just did not want to look desperate for his attention.

"Well I work here now. What are you doing here?" I grinned.

"Woah there, I never knew that! How come? Oh and Kamran is kind off a pretty close bussiness partner."

"Only if you and Keerthi get time to talk about something else other than love and cuddling, you would have known." I teased him. And i dint know Kamran and Aditya knew each other. Weird. "You should have brought Keerthi as a date!"

"Yeah, but she got some work piled up at the parlour. She seems to be more busier than I am. And I am a gotdamn bussiness man you know? A huge one at that!" He frowned playfully.