10

The sun outside of Captain Sao Feng's ship was getting itself ready to set for evening. The descent of the sun caused the ship's crew to begin to finish up their daily chores for the evening, making the ship quiet along the deck. Aside from the relaxing crew, Leo sat down on the staircase beside the door that led down to the captain's quarters below deck. Wrapping his arms around his knees, he turned his head and kept an eye on the door, wondering just what Evelyn was doing behind it.

And behind that closed door leading down the spiraling staircase, was a room just behind an open, circular doorway.

That was where Evelyn was.

Candles filled the room Evelyn was in. They glowed so dimly that multiple candles had to be placed beside one another for there to be any light. The little light exposed the different items and furniture place around the surprisingly big space. Beautiful glass lanterns hung in different areas of the ceiling. Tables were places near one another covered with such as wax dripped candles and scrolls of parchment.

In front of Evelyn a dozen of plain tapestries were hung around what looked like a small lounge area. Pillows were scattered and plants rest beside the cozy space. A little stand was placed in between the pillows with a hookah placed on top.

Evelyn stood perfectly still as two women had added the finishing touches on her new look. There were no mirrors but Evelyn had an idea of how she looked. She knew she looked like a young empress in the long, elegant clothes. Only problem with them was that the robe was far too long for her short height. Any chance she had fighting in them she would probably trip and fall.

Looking down, she noticed on top of the burgundy color robe, thousands of beads were sown on ever inch of her clothes. Her chin was tilted up, causing her to look to her original spot. She fought to keep her head still as the women brushed through her strawberry blonde hair before tying it up in a bun, sticking two metal sticks into her hair to hold the style in place. A beaded hat was placed on top of her head after her hair had been completed and thus completing her look.

Footsteps gracefully approached the room Evelyn was in causing her to tune in from being lost in thought. She could tell by the sound of the footsteps that it wasn't Leo who was forced to sit outside. Chinese words followed after the first sound causing the two women to stand, bow, and move.

Turning her shoulders, Evelyn looked back at Captain Sao Feng walking towards her, his hand behind his back. Gone were his regular captain robes and replaced with a causal robe that was tied at his waist with a scarf that allowed his chest to be partially exposed.

Evelyn tried her best not to cringe as he stared directly at her, a predator slowly closing in on its prey. His dark eyes stared at her face while he still softly spoke in Chinese. Slowly he came to a stop in front of her as he finished his sentence. With two claps from him, the two women bows and turned around to ascend up the stairs through the large round archway.

Evelyn watched them leave as Captain Sao Feng began to speak to her. "By this time tomorrow, we will arrive at Shipwreck Cove and you will be free." There was a pause that caused Evelyn to turn her head and look at him. "Calypso." The name came out past his lips like a breath of air.

"I beg pardon?" Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows together. It instantly hit Evelyn. She understood why the captain wanted her to go aboard his ship.

He thinks that she is Calypso.

Captain Sao Feng turned to dip his hands in a bowl of water. "Not a name you fancy, I imagines, out of the many that  you have..." He picked up a cloth to dry his hands. "...but it is what we call you."

"We being who?" Evelyn questioned curiously causing Captain Sao Feng to turn and look at her confused. She gave him a little nervous smile.

"You confirm it." Captain Sao Feng ate a tea leaf, taking a step closer to her.