38

"Are we almost there?" Evelyn giggled, holding on to Will's wrists. Her feet stumbled as Will lead her from behind, covering her eyes with his hands. She couldn't hardly wait to see what the surprise he had planned was. The butterflies swirled around in her stomach as soon as were leaving her house. She was sad to say goodbye to Jack again. She was even just as sad to have the wedding be over; but she also couldn't wait for it to be.

"We're close. Just a few more steps." Will spoke right beside her ear. She could here the anxiousness and excitement in Will's voice. It was a new sound to hear from him but she loved it.

As he spoke in one ear, the sound of waves crashing against the shore rang in the other. It instantly clicked to Evelyn that he was taking her to the beach. Questions swirled in her head as to what Will had planned while they were there. The questions ran short as Evelyn's feet began to sink into the sand, causing her to stumble even more than before.

"I've got you, love. Almost there, almost there." Will's voice entered her ear once more. He walked closer to Evelyn's back, letting her lean back against his chest. Since Will was behind Evelyn, she was grateful that he couldn't see the blush beginning to form on her cheeks.

The cool sea breeze brushed past her legs as they walked along the sand. The warmth from Will's chest against her back soothed her, settling her nerves.

"Okay, we're here." More butterflies danced in Evelyn's stomach. Will's hot breath was against against her ear as he spoke. She felt him press a small kiss against her hair above her ear. "Ready?" She could hear the smile in his voice, causing a smile on her face as well.

"Yes." She giggled, nodding gently.

Will pulled his hands from her eyes, slowly placing them on her shoulders. Evelyn's eyes still remained closed as she tried to contain her excitement. Slowly, she peeled her eyes open, blinking away the blurred vision. Her eyes met the giant black rocks in clusters along the beach. Moving her eyes down, she spotted a burgundy colored blanket resting on the sand. It was decorated with a few old throw pillows and a picnic basket was placed near the back.

Evelyn noticed something familiar about those rocks. This section of the beach seemed oddly familiar to her. She looked between the crashing blue waves and the rocks and then it hit her.

A sharp gasp came from her. Open mouthed, she looked over her shoulder at Will who was smiling at her. "Is this...?" She was beginning to smile wider until her smile reached her eyes.

"The place we first met. Where I saved you all those years ago." Will moved his hands down her arms. He wrapped his arms around her waist, smiling at the little area he put together.

Evelyn looked back over at the blanket. "You set all this up for me?" She asked in awe. Lifting her arms, she picked up his arms, removing them. She slid her arms under his and wrapped their arms around her.

"I had a little bit of help from Amelia. She found all the blankets and pillows for me. Then she took care of the basket because she didn't want you to catch me in case you came down into the kitchen. But yes, I wanted to surprise you with something special." Will squeezed Evelyn closer to him.

Evelyn melted into him. Laying her temple against his chin, she smiled at what was before her. It was little things like this that meant the world to her. "I love it. I love it so much." She turned her head back to look at him. There it was again. There was that look in his eyes that she always dreamed of. He was looking at her like she was his everything. It made her heart flutter; it always will. She knew she was looking at him in that moment just the same way. "And I love you. I love you so much."

"And I love you so much more." Will whispered back to her, eyes glued on her sweet, pink lips.

Taking the hint, Evelyn stood on her toes and pressed her lips against his. She pulled away as Will tried to deepen it, trying to contain her giggles. Pulling away, she took her hand in his and tugged him over to the blanket. "Come on, I want to see what's in the basket." Stopping before the blanket, Evelyn kicked off her shoes. She adjusted the knot that held her tied burgundy skirt together, a long striking slit starting at the knot. Her whole left leg had been expose. Shoulders were just as exposed due to her cream blouse that was loose, exposing her shoulders and a bit of her chest. The shirt was tied into at knot at the bottom just above her skit, exposing a part of her stomach. Will had been the one to pick out her outfit before taking her to the surprise. He too had been dressed on the pirate side. His baggy burgundy shirt he'd worn before was on without his vest, exposing his chest. It tucked into his black pants, adorn with a gold scarf for a belt. His black boots allowed him to tuck his pant leg into them. To finish his look off, he worn a grey bandanna around his hair he let down.