13

Shipwreck Cove.

It fulfilled it's given name.

Holding on to the railing, Evelyn stood at the front nose of her ship in awe as they passed through the rocky opening that led to the circle inside the rocky barrier that surrounded Shipwreck Cove. Throughout the night sky little lights were glowing in the distance on the small little town that rested beside the main reason why the location was named such. In the center of the giant circle rested a mountain of wrecked ships piled on top of each other. Balls of light shinned along the outside of it giving enough light to make out details of the different ships and boats used to create such a beast.

Other ships were docked beside the shipwrecks meaning that the other pirate lords were already there and inside. Evelyn's eyes hopped from each ship until they landed on the Black Pearl. Her heart began to beat a little faster as the thought of seeing Will again flooded her mind. She didn't know what she was going to say or do. She didn't exactly know what she was going to say to the other pirate lords or how she was going to say what she had to say.

Evelyn was more than just a girl from Port Royal. She was a pirate lord now who holds a duty, a debt, and a crew and that scared her.

Footsteps pulled Evelyn from her thoughts. She blinked and slowly looked down and around at Leo standing before her. A little shaky sigh slipped through her nose as she looked at Leo.

"Are you ready?" He asked her, extending her sword to her.

Evelyn looked at the blade, forgetting that she had forgotten to grab it after changing into her regular clothes. "Thank you." She took the weapon and strapped it around her waist. With a nod of her head, she responded. "Yes, let's go." She began to walked up to Leo to begin walking towards the back of the ship to get off. Even slowed her pace when he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine. Try not to stress." He tried reassuring her.

"Too late." She whined, making a face. "I don't belong here, not as a captain. Who's going to want to listen to a little girl. Those pirate lords are going to eat me up before I even get a chance to speak."

"I'm sure they will listen to you. All you have to do is deliver the piece and the news you have to share. No big deal." Leo spoke with such an ease it made Evelyn start to think he was right. He removed his hand, bumping his elbow gently against her. "Uh where is the confidence of a captain or even the confidence of Evelyn Adams?" He lightly accused her of.

"She's currently busy with the stress of being a captain." Evelyn playfully elbowed him back. "I shouldn't stress. I have no reason to stress. Tai Huang and his men listen to me. But in my defense, I've only been captain for a day."

"You haven't done anything wrong or even done anything period."

"That's exactly it." Evelyn turned to look at him, emphasizing her words before continuing walking. "I haven't done anything. I have no experience as a captain or a pirate. Am I even a pirate?" She asked curiously. It never dawned to her whether or not she considered herself a pirate.

"Of course you are, Lady Pirate." Leo gave her a little grin.

Evelyn let out breath like laugh. "Right I forgot about that." The reminder of the nickname Leo had given her made even feel a tad better but not enough to diminish her anxiety.

~

The sounds of an arguing crowd traveled down the dimly lit hallway where Evelyn and her crew walked down. Evelyn's heart was pounding in her chest as they drew closer and closer to the room where all the pirates where meeting.