40

"It's strange." Evelyn breathed out, lightly puckering her lips to let out a deep breath. Her hands rested flat on her stomach as she laid back on the frost colored blanket. Strawberry blonde locks sprawled above her head, brushing against Will's dark hair as he laid beside her. The couple stared up at the light blue sky with fluffy, pure clouds scattered around. It was a beautiful day outside for them not to go and enjoy it. A gentle breeze brushed through the grassy hill over their bodies and up into the tropical trees filling Port Royal.

"What's strange?" Will questioned, softly. He turned his cheek, laying his head sideways flat against the cotton beneath them. It was no surprise she could feel his dark eyes staring at her, waiting for her to answer his question.

"The last time we sat up here, I had hoped you would kiss me. We were only children." She paused, smiling at the girlish memory painted into her mind. Often she found herself thinking of that day. Praying Will would kiss her and she would finally be able to confess her feelings. It feels like it was yesterday but also felt so long ago. She still always smiled at it.

Pulling herself from her thoughts, she continued. "Now, we're going to have a child." Her hands rose to motion around her. "Everything around us is the same and yet we are not." She finally turned her cheek to see him, meeting his eyes. "I want to come here as much as possible until we can't walk anymore." Her smile only grew at the idea of them growing old together.

It was Will's turn to smile. Not just a regular smile. The kind of loving smile Evelyn melted over.

"I see how it is strange." Will agreed. He glanced at Evelyn's lips, then back to her eyes. She watched him remove his left hand off of his stomach, reaching over to her and placing his palm on her stomach. Lifting her hands, she allowed him to caress her soon-to-be swollen belly. The palms of his hand and fingers was warm, soothing her. She blushed pink before placing her hands back on top of his.

"I promise, we'll come back here as much as possible." His eyes shifted down to where their hands laid on her stomach. A sharp swallow occurred in his throat, capturing Evelyn's attention. He then let out a deep sigh through his nostrils, rubbing his thumb gently against her belly. "I hope I make a good father. I really want to make our child proud, proud to call me their father." Will whispered, still watching his hand. He spoke as if he was listening to his thoughts out loud and didn't want Evelyn to hear them.

Evelyn gave him a small frown, lightly dropping her brows. Her fingers curled in, holding on to his hand as her free hand held on to the back of his wrist. She rubbed her thumb against the back of his hand. "You will be the most amazing father. I know you will." Lifting her hand, she placed a curled finger under his chin. She lifted it for Will to meet her eyes again. "And our child will love you and be so proud of you. I know I do. I've always have." She added quietly.

As she removed her hand, Will looked at her passionately. A slight tint of pink on his cheeks. "You are going to be such a wonderful mother. I can already feel it." His eyes sparkled to her.

"Let's hope so. I often worry about that at times. But I think I will be a good mother." Evelyn said, nodding as she reassured herself.

"You think we can do this?" Will questioned.

"Well you have to have learn and have experience in order to know if you're good at something or not. And we've never had a child before." Evelyn gave his hand a comforting squeeze. "We will learn. We will be okay. Alright?" She smiled to him.

"Alright." Will removed his hand from her stomach, moving it over her head, silently inviting her to snuggle up beside him. "You always know what to say." He commented appreciatively.

"Experience." She nearly sang her reply, making him laugh. Scooting closer, she laid now on his side, resting her head on his chest. The two were silent again, listening to the palm trees being rustled by the wind.

After a moment of silence, Will spoke again. "You've always been proud of me?" He questioned, craning his head to look at her again.

"Absolutely. Since the day I met you."

Will let out a little, happy scoff. "You were the only one. I know I say this a lot but you were the only one who was ever really there for me."

"And now that you're married to me, you have a whole family who is there for you. So really marrying me was your best option." Evelyn joked. She brushed her cheek against his chest as she went to look at his face.

"Yes, I know." Will chuckled, kissing the top of her forehead.

The sound of his laughter vibrated against her ear. It made her curl up against him even more, closing her eyes and smiling against him.

His hand rubbed lazily up and down her spine.

"Do you think it will be a boy or a girl?" Will craned his head, looking down at Evelyn's head on his chest.

Her eyes opened at the question with ease. Looking at her stomach, she placed a flat palm on it before looking back up. "I think it's a boy. I would love for a girl but I truly believe it's a boy. Call it mother's intuition." She grinned.

"Mother's intuition." Will chuckled, repeating her words. His hand came to a slow stop, curving around her back. "Evelyn, would you like to have more children?" He asked hesitantly.

"I do. I want to have another little boy and a little girl." She glowed, placing a hand on his chest beside her head.

"I would want to have a daughter and another son as well." Something sparked in his eyes about the idea. Evelyn wasn't sure of what it was but it was something beautiful. It was as if the idea of a big family created so much joy to him.

Evelyn smiled, propping herself up on his chest. If fifteen year old Evelyn had seen and heard such things from Will, she would probably have lost her mind. It made Evelyn want to burst out laughing. A few year ago, Evelyn wouldn't believe that she actually got to be married to Will and going to be having a family with him. Now it just made her even more grateful than she's ever been.

"And you know what that means right?" His voice pulled her from her thoughts. A mischievous look grew in Will's dark eyes as well as his tone.

Evelyn hesitated, a little amused grin on her pink lips. "No?"

Will's hands snaked up her sides, resting on her waist. "It means we get to have more excuses to stay in bed longer or go to sleep earlier." A cheeky grin formed on his face.

Red scarred Evelyn's cheeks. She let out nervous, shy laughter as she shook her head. "Oh my god, William Turner." She nearly squealed, playfully slapping his chest.

Before she could even blink, Will carefully flipped them over so that Evelyn was on her back beneath him. "Will!" She shrieked through their echoing laughter.

He said nothing but just stared at her with laughter in his eyes and from his mouth. Leaning down, he pressed a playful, flirtatious kiss on her lips. Will pulled back, disconnecting him from her. They stared at each other, slowly breaking out into laughter again.

The sweet, joyous sound echoed throughout their special, hidden, hilltop and evaporated into the leaves on the trees, slipping up into the heavens.

And in that moment, Evelyn knew that she wanted their lives to be just like this forever.

Last chapter and new book coming up next Monday!!! I can't wait for you guys to read the next book! I've been stressing so much over getting these chapters done but it's fine😅

I hope everything turns out good omg.

Anyways I finally got this done on a Sunday and had time which I'm so happy about.

Thank you for reading and I hope you all had an amazing weekend and hope you have an even better week!